The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nylander doesn't play like Kane. This is correct, Horvat. He's not nearly as skilled.

No one is as skilled as Kane in your mind, no matter if they approach the game similarly, which is why people make comparisons between prospects and legit NHL players.

You realize your trolling is what gives forums on the internet a bad stigma. You also are the kind of person that makes other clubs hate vancouver fans. Give it a rest. Back away from your parents computer and go outside. See the world, become less of a bitter person, and save the rest of us the grief of having to see anything u post.

No one is as skilled as Kane in your mind, no matter if they approach the game similarly, which is why people make comparisons between prospects and legit NHL players.

You realize your trolling is what gives forums on the internet a bad stigma. You also are the kind of person that makes other clubs hate vancouver fans. Give it a rest. Back away from your parents computer and go outside. See the world, become less of a bitter person, and save the rest of us the grief of having to see anything u post.

And never post in this thread again please

Yay one more round to go and its almost ze draft.

Glad LA won so we stay on the big tough mind set.

I am thinking about Marion Gaborik. The guy has 12 freaking goals this playoff. What an addition. Hes also one of the softest guys in the league.

You realize the Canucks never interviewed Ritchie. 64 guys and not one was Nick Ritchie.

Who knows. They could be on the rise sooner than us if we plan on trading Kesler too. Maybe even edler starting to feel like a change of scenery would be good. Florida has a good young core, good GM and a green light to go for it. I see them like islanders, ready to take flight.

That would a be a beauty way to get it done. Overpaying in stuff I don't mind getting rid of to get a future elite top centre haha.

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Reinhart Kesler Kassian

Higgins Horvat Burrows

Matthias Richardson Hansen

Jesus that looks deep with pretty high end youth mixed in. Look at the mentors for them. Jensen with the twins. Kesler teaches Kass and Reino to leave it all out there night in and night out. Higgins and Burr are the Rupert brothers x100 haha. Then a beast of a 4th line.

If there's a way to get it done I say do it

I LOVE the look of that line up if Reinhart and Horvat are ready. What about putting Horvat and Reinhart together since they played together at the World Juniors?

Attention everyone! Kane lost!

He

Lost.

So so long, Nylander and Ehlers, not that you were ever a comparable.

3 of LA's goals deflected off of Chicago players. Size had very little to do with it. If anything there should be a case for shorter defenders so the puck doesn't hit there elbow and deflect down into the net (Leddy)

Attention everyone! Kane lost!

He

Lost.

So so long, Nylander and Ehlers, not that you were ever a comparable.

Its a team sport.

Toews lost, Jordan Nolan won.

Florida and Buffalo should pass on Reinhart & Bennett, and take some tough guys instead right?

Yay one more round to go and its almost ze draft.

Glad LA won so we stay on the big tough mind set.

The big bad LA kings who are lead in playoff goal scoring by the big bad Marian Gaborik.

I am thinking about Marion Gaborik. The guy has 12 freaking goals this playoff. What an addition. Hes also one of the softest guys in the league.

You realize the Canucks never interviewed Ritchie. 64 guys and not one was Nick Ritchie.

They did for sure.

Its a team sport.

Florida and Buffalo should pass on Reinhart & Bennett, and take some tough guys instead right?

The big bad LA kings who are lead in playoff goal scoring by the big bad Marian Gaborik.

Yea u can have 1 or 2 soft skill guys and ur right that we dont have that in the form of nylander or ehlers.

But i put stock in shinkaruk and jensen being that element for us.

Ritchie is another top 6 we need to have at over 220lbs

Yea u can have 1 or 2 soft skill guys and ur right that we dont have that in the form of nylander or ehlers.

We already have Kassian and Matthias. we dont need another . Probably why Linden never interviewed him.

Its a team sport.

Marian Gaborik 6'1 204lbs with his speed and agility its like trying to knock a 6-3 guy off the puck Gabby fights through more checks than any small player can even in this game 7 you could see him fighting through and making life difficult on the bigger D-men.

Do you know this for a fact Absent? I'm really thinking there will be better options a 6th pick.

Marian Gaborik 6'1 204lbs with his speed and agility its like trying to knock a 6-3 guy off the puck Gabby fights through more checks than any small player can even in this game 7 you could see him fighting through and making life difficult on the bigger D-men.

I see those same elements in Ehlers.

And I don't think its out of question for either player that they could become that.

Slice it whichever way you want, a speed skill player is having success on a potential Stanley Cup Winner, you don't need everyone to be PWF's & tough guys to win.

Jensen is a big guy, I don't see him as that. And Ehlers isn't soft.
If anything, I see our PWF/size element covered with guys like Gaunce, Kassian, Matthias, Horvat, exc. While we severely lack in the high end skill.

The weird thought is: is doing well at the combine necessarily a good thing? Think of a guy with enough skill to put up huge points despite his (current) physical limitations, and then broadcast that forward once he has the skill and the physical training.

Not all, some you have to determine if they are not at peak because of laziness or delayed growth spurt...

It is an interesting thought though. maybe some kids dominate because they are (measurably) physically more advanced than their peers, an advantage they will lose going forward- there has to be an upper limit on some of these tests and the playing field will even out.

Alas, I am not versed enough to answer this question though.

It sure as hell helped Nylander.

Archived