The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Team1040 Doug Maclean

davinci

Booth, Richardson, Kassian, Hansen, Sestito, Schroeder, Dalpe, Tanev, Diaz, Weber, Stanton, Alberts.

Only guys without NTC/NMC. Luongo is the only guy I would consider likely to have made it known that he is still willing to waive it.

That isn't a lot to work with as far as roster players go. Hansen, Kassian, and Tanev are the only ones with any real value. Richardson, Schroeder, and Booth might have some to the right team.

Scrivens and Bryz seem to be doing alright in Edmonton. Maybe they'd still take Lu. NYI has Poulin and Nillson, and given their last experience with a massive goalie contract I'd think the owner would want to shy away from them. Thomas and Clemmenson suck but Florida still has Markstrom. Philly locked up Mason recently, who is handling the pressure of their ruthless fans quite nicely.

So really still a terrible market for trading an elite goalie with a big contract. Don't see a significant enough return to warrant handing the reigns over to an unproven Lack. I do like the Chicago style though. Give it to a young guy on a cheap contract and pray that he goes clutch. Lack is mentally strong but is he strong enough to handle a couple playoff yankings? Does he even have the ability to play at a level that can get this team to the cup?

Kassian cannot be traded. He is a type of player that is even more rare than he is extremely effective, especially come playoff time.

Hansen and Tanev and Schroeder are the pieces to move if you are going to make a trade. But I dislike Tanev's game, which is why I consider him a tradeable asset, and I'm not sure if management feels the same way. Hansen is awesome but as a bottom six he isn't exactly a key component. Schroeder is blowing it hard.

I don't like the idea of moving any of our top young guys. Who the F is going to replace our core?

Basically, this rumour is of the straight from the ass to our eyes variety. I don't think Gillis was lying when he said the team's preolympic performance would be used in evaluation but they're running out of time. A decision has to be made soon.

Hmm if I am Garth Snow though I think if they could move pieces to get a Luongo calibre goalie they would be stupid not too. Sure Dipietro blew up on them but the difference is Luongo is proven more than Dipietro did when he got his contract and personally I think he has proven that he is better than Nabakov, Nilsson & Poulin (my opinion). Having steady goaltending is what has kept NYI from being a playoff team so far this year as the goaltending they have gotten has been rather poor and inconsistent.

Hansen is another I can see being moved, he is a good player on a nice deal but not sure he is a key core guy. If it is Kesler being moved it would have to be a kings ransom coming back 1st + Top Prospect + a second Mid - high prospect or young roster player, which may or may not be a bad thing as it could really help with the re-tool. Columbus is an intriguing team that is right on the cusp of making the playoffs so an Edler or Kesler could be the player to push them over the edge to make the playoffs and show the fan base that they are competing for the now and not still retooling / rebuilding. RJ is a bit of a hurdle but maybe the media makes a bigger deal out of that then it truly is

Hmm if I am Garth Snow though I think if they could move pieces to get a Luongo calibre goalie they would be stupid not too. Sure Dipietro blew up on them but the difference is Luongo is proven more than Dipietro did when he got his contract and personally I think he has proven that he is better than Nabakov, Nilsson & Poulin (my opinion). Having steady goaltending is what has kept NYI from being a playoff team so far this year as the goaltending they have gotten has been rather poor and inconsistent.

Yes, a Luongo CALIBRE goalie. Every team in the league wants elite goal tending, of course, but Lu comes with the big contract.

I do see that there is a big difference between Dipietro and Lu but I don't think the owner would. At least not enough of a difference. He signed off on the retarded Dipietro deal in the first place. It cost him an F ton of money and still is, for crap all.

Obviously Luongo is better than those guys, but Nilsson and Poulin have potential.

NYI is 12 points out of a playoff spot with 20 games to go. I don't think they're all that worried about making it in this year atm. Personally, if I was the NYI GM, I would be willing to take Luongo's contract but I wouldn't want to give up anything significant. Which comes back to my point about not wanting to trade Lu for the sake of trading Lu. We don't have another elite goalie anymore, Lu is are only one.

Luongo and or Tanev would be my guess. Luongo for the obvious reasons and Tanev well they had trouble with signing him last summer and ended up with a 1 year contract and he's not signing for peanuts this time. But some are speculating it's Kesler.

TOR

Kesler

VAN

Kadri

Bolland

Toronto wants Van Riensdyk - Kessel - Kesler.

Take it.

Star Power.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - KASSIAN

HIGGINS - KADRI - BOOTH

BURROWS - BOLLAND - HANSEN

SESTITO - RICHARDSON - DALPE

That is one SOLID centerline.

Yes, a Luongo CALIBRE goalie. Every team in the league wants elite goal tending, of course, but Lu comes with the big contract.

I do see that there is a big difference between Dipietro and Lu but I don't think the owner would. At least not enough of a difference. He signed off on the retarded Dipietro deal in the first place. It cost him an F ton of money and still is, for crap all.

Obviously Luongo is better than those guys, but Nilsson and Poulin have potential.

NYI is 12 points out of a playoff spot with 20 games to go. I don't think they're all that worried about making it in this year atm. Personally, if I was the NYI GM, I would be willing to take Luongo's contract but I wouldn't want to give up anything significant. Which comes back to my point about not wanting to trade Lu for the sake of trading Lu. We don't have another elite goalie anymore, Lu is are only one.

Pulock has been proposed before. The NYI have a glut of defence prospects.

Luongo+3rd for Pulock?

I'm somewhere inbetween on this deal. I feel like we could get more but also that the Isles could get a touch more for Pulock.

Players I consider would be surprised if moved...Kesler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Burrows.

So one of those players? Edler wouldnt be a surprise, Kesler isn't going anywhere. Hamhuis and Bieksa would have pretty high value, Bieksa could easily be one of those pieces that a potential contending team needs as that one extra push to win the cup. Anyways, thankfully this isn't coming from Eklund...at least Mclean does technically have some sources.

I've honestly just lost faith in Gillis to make a big move...

TOR

Kesler

VAN

Kadri

Bolland

Toronto wants Van Riensdyk - Kessel - Kesler.

Take it.

Star Power.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - KASSIAN

HIGGINS - KADRI - BOOTH

BURROWS - BOLLAND - HANSEN

SESTITO - RICHARDSON - DALPE

That is one SOLID centerline.

Kadri < Kesler and Bolland is a rental. We'd lose that trade easily

You didn't just say that...

O yes I did indeed. Kesler has star factor and would fit perfectly in Toronto. Bolland is more of what the Canucks need; a 3C. He knows the West and is a Leaf, which is better than being a Hawk, Stanton forgiven.

Bolland, is likely to re-sign with the Canucks. That's what Gillis is good at; signing players.

Kadri brings in firepower that is greatly needed up front. With Kesler in the Toronto fold, Kadri would drop down in the depth chart and could greatly benefit as a 2C in Vancouver.

H. SEDIN

KADRI

BOLLAND

RICHARDSON

HORVAT

With the way Booth has been hitting; BOOTH - KADRI - KASSIAN

You didn't just say that...

Maybe not, but Bolland is right with Kesler imo, he is a big game player without question. He does it all in the playoffs.

If we could get Bolland and signed with Kadri for Kesler, I would do that trade without question. Kadri is playmaker and Bolland on as our 3rd line center is too good

Jason Garrison please. Dunno why this guy gets a free pass from the canucks, but he doesn't fit the teams style at all. I'd rather keep Tanev, Edler, Hamhuis, and Bieksa over Garrison. Yet, he's a BC boy, so people want him to stay. Ship him back to Florida, for some pieces. If somehow, we could get Kulikov, that one trade fixes the whole team right there. Physical, and an actual puck mover, perfect for Edler.

Maybe not, but Bolland is right with Kesler imo, he is a big game player without question. He does it all in the playoffs.

If we could get Bolland and signed with Kadri for Kesler, I would do that trade without question. Kadri is playmaker and Bolland on as our 3rd line center is too good

Bolland is nowhere near Kesler. plus factor in his injuries and the fact he hit 40 points once and Kesler has hit 40 4 times and 70 points 2 times and has a selke it's landslide

Maybe but at the end of the day if the owner enjoys playoff revenue adding a guy like Luongo could potentially make NYI a playoff team for 2 - 3 or 4 years depending on how much longer he is willing to play. That to me more than equalizes what they would pay out for his contract (considering the UFA goalies out there will want the max 7 years at top dollar).I also believe NYI is a team that can give up some prospects / picks without drastically altering their team. Other guys NYI could go after could be Kesler or Higgins but you could potentially get a better package from a different team for Kesler.

Not saying your wrong about Luongo but after seeing Lundquist contract as well as Rinne and some others its tough to see how Luongos contract is 'bad' Canucks get hit the most with the cap recapture penalty (I believe they have paid the most of the 6.7M seasons).

Archived