The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Go all in this year and next... 4 trade proposal

salary retain is done by these teams because they are all ufa's at end of year and keeps teams above cap foor.

After the trades we have 6M in cap and will have a lot more with cap going up next year so re-signing Vanek and ott wont be an issue.

NYI: Miller, burrows, Jensen, Corrado, girgensons,

VAN: Vanek (25% retain), Erhoff, okposo, poulin, ott (50% retain)

BUF: Lack, van 1st, Shinkaruk, Strome, Booth (salary dump), dehaan

To Van: 2nd pick

To CLB: Richardson

Van: Manthaa, 1st

Det: Edler, Friesen, 2nd

Van: Gryba, Niel, 3rd

OTT: Higgins, Gaunce 5th

Sedin-Sedin-Vanek

Kassian-Kesler-Okposo

Niel-Ott-Hansen

Sestito-Schroeder- Dalpe

Lain

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Garrisson-Tanev

Gryba- Erhoff

stanton

Lou

Poulin

re-sign Vanek/ott in offseason

Sedin-sedin-Vanek

Maantha-Kesler-Okposo

Horvat-Ott-Kassian

Hanson-Schroeder-Niel

D stays same

Lou

Ericsson

Allows us to compete this year going forward and not TANK. it also allows us to retool and build for the future.

Before you all hate, i am aware that 3 way deals are very rare. just thought id experiment with it a bit.

but in all seriousness i dont think this team needs to tank. The Olympic break will help us get healthy and were a few key pieces away and adding 2 players to the top 6 and a puck moving D-man can get us there now. Plus we've added for the future.

Cheers CDC

A few things off on this proposal, obviously you realize this won't happen but the logic on the 2nd trade (Richardson for a second round pick) makes zero sense to what you are trying to accomplish. Why have Schroeder on the 4th line when the Canucks could have just kept Richardson as 4th line centre and maybe added in Schroeder (instead of say Jensen) to your threeway :bigblush:

salary retain is done by these teams because they are all ufa's at end of year and keeps teams above cap foor.

After the trades we have 6M in cap and will have a lot more with cap going up next year so re-signing Vanek and ott wont be an issue.

NYI: Miller, burrows, Jensen, Corrado, girgensons,

VAN: Vanek (25% retain), Erhoff, okposo, poulin, ott (50% retain)

BUF: Lack, van 1st, Shinkaruk, Strome, Booth (salary dump), dehaan

To Van: 2nd pick

To CLB: Richardson

Van: Manthaa, 1st

Det: Edler, Friesen, 2nd

Van: Gryba, Niel, 3rd

OTT: Higgins, Gaunce 5th

Sedin-Sedin-Vanek

Kassian-Kesler-Okposo

Niel-Ott-Hansen

Sestito-Schroeder- Dalpe

Lain

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Garrisson-Tanev

Gryba- Erhoff

stanton

Lou

Poulin

re-sign Vanek/ott in offseason

Sedin-sedin-Vanek

Maantha-Kesler-Okposo

Horvat-Ott-Kassian

Hanson-Schroeder-Niel

D stays same

Lou

Ericsson

Allows us to compete this year going forward and not TANK. it also allows us to retool and build for the future.

Before you all hate, i am aware that 3 way deals are very rare. just thought id experiment with it a bit.

but in all seriousness i dont think this team needs to tank. The Olympic break will help us get healthy and were a few key pieces away and adding 2 players to the top 6 and a puck moving D-man can get us there now. Plus we've added for the future.

Cheers CDC

Last time I checked, being healthy and adding 2 top 6 forwards and a puck moving D-man would improve EVERY team in the league. But crazy 15-player, 3 way deals and moving 6 of your players and a 1st is not the way to make that happen.

Archived