The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Arena ice rental

moefoe81

Sorry not sure where to post this topic but I just wanted to know has anyone ever played at Rogers Arena. I seen the packages starting at $1800 for 2hr and 1 flood. From what I was told it goes against your 2hr and just wanted to know how long does it take and also would the other package be worth it? Just seeing which one has better value. Both same amount of ice time but the other package 2 floods but 2 dressing room and usage of scoreboard.

Thanks for the input

Ernie

I play Friday nights with a group and we have a two hour ice time. You want the flood. I've never timed it, but it only takes about 10 minutes and it's worth it for the clean ice.

As for whether it's worth $1800... I guess if you've got money to burn, why not? Personally, that's more than my mortgage payment. I couldn't justify it.

As for whether it's worth $1800... I guess if you've got money to burn, why not? Personally, that's more than my mortgage payment. I couldn't justify it.

I'm assuming the fee is split between 2 hockey teams.

That's 30 players. So $60 each. Obviously too expensive to play every game that way. It'd be worth it to hold your championship game there though. I'd pay the extra $30-$40 for that.

Yeah if everyone chips in for 30 or more guys its not a big deal to do every so often. I skated at Pacific coliseum once back when it was the Canucks home. I was young and it was a big deal to me at the time but we didnt have to pay for whatever the event was. I dont even remember why we were there but I remember skating around very well.

I'm assuming the fee is split between 2 hockey teams.

That's 30 players. So $60 each. Obviously too expensive to play every game that way. It'd be worth it to hold your championship game there though. I'd pay the extra $30-$40 for that.

True enough.

Although, if it's a pick-up game, those usually have no more than 20 skaters. So after tax you're basically looking at $100 each. That's still a lot for 2 hours of hockey. And if you have 30 skaters to keep the price down, you sure aren't getting much ice time.

For a league championship game, ya that would be pretty cool.

When I lived in Calgary, I played in the NCHL. They had some sort of partnership with the Calgary Flames. We got to play our league all-star game at the Saddledome. It was amazing. They went all out for it though. We had a skills competition before the game itself. They even had us on the jumbotron and the Flames announcer was there to announce the players and MC the event. It was a pretty cool experience.

True enough.

Although, if it's a pick-up game, those usually have no more than 20 skaters. So after tax you're basically looking at $100 each. That's still a lot for 2 hours of hockey. And if you have 30 skaters to keep the price down, you sure aren't getting much ice time.

For a league championship game, ya that would be pretty cool.

When I lived in Calgary, I played in the NCHL. They had some sort of partnership with the Calgary Flames. We got to play our league all-star game at the Saddledome. It was amazing. They went all out for it though. We had a skills competition before the game itself. They even had us on the jumbotron and the Flames announcer was there to announce the players and MC the event. It was a pretty cool experience.

Dam man that sounds like a lot of fun. If I played hockey I wouldn't mind shelling out a few hundred just for that once in a lifetime experience.

Dam man that sounds like a lot of fun. If I played hockey I wouldn't mind shelling out a few hundred just for that once in a lifetime experience.

It was outstanding. It didn't even cost any extra. It was just part of the league fees.

I found an old video of it on Youtube. As you can tell, it wasn't exactly high calibre hockey, but the whole experience was really cool. Luckily they caught me on tape making a save. I'm the goalie in the black jersey at the 1:48 mark.

It was outstanding. It didn't even cost any extra. It was just part of the league fees.

I found an old video of it on Youtube. As you can tell, it wasn't exactly high calibre hockey, but the whole experience was really cool. Luckily they caught me on tape making a save. I'm the goalie in the black jersey at the 1:48 mark.

Looks like more fans then in FLORIDA.

Archived