The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Avalanche trying to bring back Alexander Radulov

According to Eklund, the Avs are attempting to bring in Radulov, during the off-season:

I also continue to hear Colorado may be quietly working a deal for Alex Radulov to join the team....in the offseason.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Sabres-Still-Trying-to-Re-sign-Miller--Blues-looking-at-Martin-Brodeur/1/58209

I'm guessing Eklund just picks teams' names from a giant hat, thinks up a random player.... and calls it a rumor.

Actually there is a link, Roy coached Radulov for many years in Quebec in the junior. They won a Memorial Cup together if I remember correctly. If anyone could convince him to come back that would be him.

But still eklund

Radulov is a scumbag anyways. Guy is not a team player, his ego is huge, and I don't want to see him in the NHL. Same with Kovalchuk, these guys think they can come and go as they wish. Hate both their guts.

Going to a foreign country across the world for 8-10 months a year can be difficult for some people. Making the same or more money while living at home doesn't mean they should be hated for it.

I don't believe it at all but I would like to see that. I didn't watch Radulov that much but he seemed like an all offense no defense kind of guy, similar to Yakupov or Kovalchuk. If you could get him to actually play a decent defensive game then he could be an impact player.

I don't believe it at all but I would like to see that. I didn't watch Radulov that much but he seemed like an all offense no defense kind of guy, similar to Yakupov or Kovalchuk. If you could get him to actually play a decent defensive game then he could be an impact player.

By the way you are talking, every player in the league is a 2-way dynamic forward. Not everyone is a Datsyuk, Kesler, Bergeron type player. In fact, most aren't. Only the cream of the crop can be good at offense and defense. Everyone else is much more skewed to being a static, one dimensional player.

lol Kovalchuk was not all about offense. You clearly never watched him play. He is one of the best players out there when he was here.

Radulov came within 10 points of crosby's jr single season record if I remember playing for guess who??? Patrick Roy. Is it Radulov's fault poille wouldn't bring him in anybody to play with? Is it his fault Trotz seriously misused him on the 3rd line? When a player has as much Ceiling as Ovechkin, you gotta get him support and you gotta play him on the first line. Bold prediction but if and that's a big IF Raddy comes to Colorado and gets to play with Duchene/Stastny/Mackinnon, he'll be at the very least a 80-90 point guy with 40ish goals and will stick with the nhl this time.

Edit: he came within16pts of crosbys best jr year

Crosby: 168pts

Radulov:152pts

Archived