The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Bruins may use Malcolm Subban as trade chip

According to Stephen Harris of the Boston Herald:

The Bruins shouldn’t be in need of a new No. 1 goaltender for some time, but Subban appears to be a viable candidate. Or, perhaps, a very valuable chip in a possible trade.

The B’s no doubt would hate the idea of parting with a young talent such as Subban — especially if it were just to acquire a “rental” defenseman before the March 5 trade deadline.

But this is going to be a tight trade market, with far more buyers than sellers. And if the B’s did add a key piece that helped them win another Stanley Cup, losing Subban might not seem so bad.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/nhl_coverage/2014/02/nhl_notes_future_gain_for_subban

No surprise. Have Rask for the next 10+ years and Subban won't get a chance. Plus doubt he has high value since he's unproven and I have a feeling he'll bust.

Malcolm Subban is having a pretty good rookie season in the AHL. 921 save% and 2.27gaa. I wouldn't call him a bust.

Taking into consideration Boston needs a defenceman and Kesler needs a winger...

Edler for Eriksson, Subban and maybe a conditional pick?

If it was a trade surrounding Edler and Eriksson, it would probably be just a 1-for-1 swap between them. I don't think Boston is shopping Eriksson though (as much as I wish they were).

Trade Edler for Subban and a 1st (or 2nd).

With two Subban brothers in the system the Canucks can use this as a bargaining chip to convince PK to sign for them. :towel:

Once again, PK is a RFA. Even if he was to sign an offer sheet from Vancouver there's not a chance in hell that Montreal wouldn't match

Once again, PK is a RFA. Even if he was to sign an offer sheet from Vancouver there's not a chance in hell that Montreal wouldn't match

Could a three-way trade that would see the Subbans land in Vancouver be possible? To outline it Kesler+Eriksson+1st or 2nd to Montreal, Subbans to Vancouver, Edler+ to Boston? I know it looks like Boston gets the short end of the stick but I'm not sure who the + should be.

Then bring back the Kariya brothers and Richard Park!

Wtf. Richard Park isn't even related to the Kariyas, he isn't even the same ethnicity.

And the Fedorovs!

Heard there's these two brothers from Sweden that are pretty good, identical twins in fact. We should try and and snag em.

With Boston needing a dman to replace Dennis Seidenberg (injured for the season), would The Islanders make due with Andrew Macdonald? Cheap rental player salary wise since he only garners 550K.

Islanders have tried goaltenders left and right. Nabakov isn't getting younger, Poulin, Nillson haven't look like they would be the future for the Isles...maybe Subban might be the new bright spot for the future.

I see that as a great fit for both teams IMO.

Back on track.....Subban would be a great pick up. Havinga fine rookie season in the "A". Dang...that Belleville team got decimated after Gaunce, Subban, Sandlak, et others graduated.

Subban and Ericsson would be sick depth in net.

Bieksa=Subban,+?

Don't think Bieksa waives for Boston. What about Edler for Eriksson+Subban?

Archived