The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Get DROUIN

TO TBL

I would give up a straight up trade of edler for drouin or maybe + on our side - only because he is an un tested 3rd overall pick destroying the QMJHL

TO VAN

Drouin

-WE don't need edler. Him and hedman together are hard to say no too, same with getting drouin.-

-WE also clear up lots of CAP-

TO STL

Kesler

Shinkaruk

2nd

TO VAN

Shattenkirk

Rattie

1st

Shin>rattie

Kes>shatten

stl 1st>van 2nd

SIGN PAUL STASTNY and Moulson/someone who can score

Sedin Stastny Burrows

Drouin Sedin Moulson

Higgins Horvat Kassian

Hansen Santo Booth

Hamhuis Shattenkirk

Garrison Tanev

Stanton Bieksa

Lou

The issue with this is St Louis. If he was 3 years younger I see this being possible. but with him aging, reported rumours of him wanting out and drouin being the gem of a massive pile of quality forward prospects I doubt anything gets Drouin out of Tampa.

Added I don't think Drouin would do well in the west and I still believe he holds a high probability of bust as we've seen from so many highly touted scorers from the QMJHL

The issue with this is St Louis. If he was 3 years younger I see this being possible. but with him aging, reported rumours of him wanting out and drouin being the gem of a massive pile of quality forward prospects I doubt anything gets Drouin out of Tampa.

Added I don't think Drouin would do well in the west and I still believe he holds a high probability of bust as we've seen from so many highly touted scorers from the QMJHL

Probability of a bust..

You mean Crosby? MacKinnon? Giroux? Briere?

Others we're basically late 1st or 2nd rounders.

Yeah Daigle was a big and obvious one, but was one of a kind

Probability of a bust..

5 points huh....exciting. Means a lot of nothing. If he puts those numbers up in the hyper defensive WHL that is a shade different but the QMJHL has always been a scorers paradise

You mean Crosby? MacKinnon? Giroux? Briere?

Others we're basically late 1st or 2nd rounders.

Yeah Daigle was a big and obvious one, but was one of a kind

You mention a few of the largest names in the sport yet ignore the seemingly endless fringe players and never was players that come from the QMJHL with such great numbers that never translate into an NHL or even AHL career as they never learnt eh defensive side of the game

5 points huh....exciting. Means a lot of nothing. If he puts those numbers up in the hyper defensive WHL that is a shade different but the QMJHL has always been a scorers paradise

You mention a few of the largest names in the sport yet ignore the seemingly endless fringe players and never was players that come from the QMJHL with such great numbers that never translate into an NHL or even AHL career as they never learnt eh defensive side of the game

How many of these fringe players were top 5 overall draft picks? The players he mentioned like Drouin were.

How many of these fringe players were top 5 overall draft picks? The players he mentioned like Drouin were.

And again, while Drouin is exciting to watch. he is also not the largest player doesn't have the greatest defensive game and has done exactly nothing outside of the QMJHL or world juniors. As of now he's just a prospect and out of the big 3 last season, Mackinnin, Jones and Drouin I truly think Drouin could have the highest possibility of bust

This is my opinion only, and people can argue that all they want. Won't change my mind

And again, while Drouin is exciting to watch. he is also not the largest player doesn't have the greatest defensive game and has done exactly nothing outside of the QMJHL or world juniors. As of now he's just a prospect and out of the big 3 last season, Mackinnin, Jones and Drouin I truly think Drouin could have the highest possibility of bust

This is my opinion only, and people can argue that all they want. Won't change my mind

I was simply responding to your post saying that top picks from teh Q were more likely busts then someone from the WHL. The last 3 top picks from the Q were Grigorenko (12), Huberdeau (3) and Gromley (13), none of them are really busts.

Man just watching those highlights the QMJHL looks brutal, the skill/compete level is weak. I wish I grew up out east. My Junior A team 10 years ago would have likely had the same skill level.

I was simply responding to your post saying that top picks from teh Q were more likely busts then someone from the WHL. The last 3 top picks from the Q were Grigorenko (12), Huberdeau (3) and Gromley (13), none of them are really busts.

Not saying they are at all. I just find that the CDC puts a really very high price on mere prospects is all. To the extent that I got laughed at for suggesting Kesler and a 2nd and 3rd was worth Jones and a 1st.

Mackinnon and Jones are competing in the league putting up ok numbers for rookies. Drouin hasn't made it out of the Q yet.

Daigle put up decent numbers in his first 2 seasons as well (for todays standards)

I just feel as though he has the higher bust probability. That being said there is NO way Yzerman gives him up for anything short of a kings ransom and as such is not worth us even attempting to inquire about

Daigle immediately comes to mind as a top pick that busted out of the NHL. One of the bigger busts of the last few decades.

true but Daigle was drafted in 1993, it's telling that we have to go that far back to find a decent example. Diagle was a bust for sure but even he had 327 pts in the NHL, which taking this back to the orginal proposal is more than Edler has (yes I know Edler is a defencemen).

Archived