The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] PHI - VAN

I'll be using Bobby Ryan trade as a format. I also think Kesler is more Valueable because, A) Selke quality defense on offense while puts up numbers. B) Plays Center. Center>Wing. Can also play wing, Ryan cant.

To Van

Brayden Schenn

Scott Laughton

1st 2014

To Philly

Ryan Kesler

Rights to Jordan Subban

-

Maybe also trade Edler. Using Bouwmeester to Blues as a format

To Van

Carl Hagelin (instead of a foourth, and two prospects we want HAGEEELIN)

1st 2014

To Nyr

Alex Edler

Much Better Future

This is our future possible line up

+ 3 FIRST ROUNDS IN 2014

Hagelin Schenn Kassian

Shinkaruk Horvat Fox

Jensen Laughton Cassels

Gaunce Lain Grenier

Archibald

I'd be okay with the first one though I'd want more offensive upside to go with our gritty skilled guys, to be frank.

For the second one, I have concerns. Hagelin gives me the impression of being another Mason Raymond type, primarily working through his speed, but can he handle the rough going against the big wingers that teams like L.A. have?

I'll be using Bobby Ryan trade as a format. I also think Kesler is more Valueable because, A) Selke quality defense on offense while puts up numbers. B) Plays Center. Center>Wing. Can also play wing, Ryan cant.

To Van

Brayden Schenn

Scott Laughton

1st 2014

To Philly

Ryan Kesler

Rights to Jordan Subban

-

To Van

1st 2014

To Nyr

Alex Edler

Much Better Future

+ 3 FIRST ROUNDS IN 2014

Hagelin Schenn Kassian

Shinkaruk Horvat Fox

Jensen Laughton Cassels

Gaunce Lain Grenier

Archibald

1.) I'd want more from the Flyers, especially if the Canucks are moving Subban.

Their 1st will likely be a lot lower and less valuable) than it is currently (17th). Also, keep in mind that it is supposed to be a fairly sparse draft this year. Heck, I might even be inclined to tell them to keep their 1st and give up a prospect in place of that pick.

Schenn, Simmonds, 2014 1st (or an option for their 2015 1st, their choice - who knows, maybe they'll see someone they really want this year). If the Flyers do want to keep their 1st, I'd like Morin in this trade, or at least Hagg.

2.) I don't see there being enough coming back in the deal with the Rangers.

Their 1st will likely be higher than it currently is (18th), and as noted it is a thin draft year. Hagelin might be a good 3C (possibly a 2C ceiling), but I don't see him being that useful here over a long term with Horvat and Gaunce coming up.

Girardi would be nice to get, assuming the team could talk to him before a deal and work out a new contract. Considering that he is a UFA after this season the Rangers may be interested in moving him. Add a bit here and there on either side, a higher Rangers prospect, the Rangers 1st and a lower Canucks' pick/prospect going to the Rangers.

regards,

G.

Philly loves Kesler and would be one of the few teams willing to pay the price.

Either of these packages would be of great benefit.

[TO PHI]: Ryan Kesler

[TO VAN]: Wayne Simmonds + Sean Couturier + Scott Laughton

[TO VAN]: Brayden Schenn + Sean Couturier + Anthony Stolarz

Philly loves Kesler and would be one of the few teams willing to pay the price.

Either of these packages would be of great benefit.

[TO VAN]: Wayne Simmonds + Sean Couturier + Scott Laughton

[TO VAN]: Brayden Schenn + Sean Couturier + Anthony Stolarz

Simmonds and Couturier would plain out be awesomeeee

To Van

Brayden Schenn

Scott Laughton

1st 2014

To Philly

Ryan Kesler

Rights to Jordan Subban

-

To Van

1st 2014

To Nyr

Alex Edler

Much Better Future

+ 3 FIRST ROUNDS IN 2014

Hagelin Schenn Kassian

Shinkaruk Horvat Fox

Jensen Laughton Cassels

Gaunce Lain Grenier

Archibald

The deal would already be done I think if Gillis was offered the first proposal. The Edler proposal is terrible though. Edler is worth more then you are thinking.

Excellent proposal OP. Though I'm not one jumping to conclusion and saying trade Kes cause I highly believe he won't be this year plus we'll get him that winger, that value is almost dead on! Edler deal is good too and although you undervalued him a bit, still look at the great return we get all together. Pretty solid.

To Van

Brayden Schenn

Scott Laughton

1st 2014

To Philly

Ryan Kesler

Rights to Jordan Subban

-

To Van

1st 2014

To Nyr

Alex Edler

Much Better Future

+ 3 FIRST ROUNDS IN 2014

Hagelin Schenn Kassian

Shinkaruk Horvat Fox

Jensen Laughton Cassels

Gaunce Lain Grenier

Archibald

For Kesler, since Luke Schenn isn't doing too well this season, the Canucks could probably get both. He's a top 5 pick. Can't go wrong with that.

VAN

B. Schenn

L. Schenn

Laughton

PHI

Kesler

Sauvé

2nd

1.) I'd want more from the Flyers, especially if the Canucks are moving Subban.

Their 1st will likely be a lot lower and less valuable) than it is currently (17th). Also, keep in mind that it is supposed to be a fairly sparse draft this year. Heck, I might even be inclined to tell them to keep their 1st and give up a prospect in place of that pick.

Schenn, Simmonds, 2014 1st (or an option for their 2015 1st, their choice - who knows, maybe they'll see someone they really want this year). If the Flyers do want to keep their 1st, I'd like Morin in this trade, or at least Hagg.

Jordan Subban...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jordan-subban/

You would be getting 2 prospects higher ranked than Horvat and a 1st round pick....

and your deal breaker is Jordan Subban... a prospect whose potential is ranked as 3rd pair at best and unlikely to reach that?

Jordan Subban...

The Jared Staal of the Subban brothers

From my side the only packages I would be willing to give up for Kesler...

Schenn/Couturier/Laughton + 1st Round Pick + Non core roster player/mid grade prospect

- Simmonds and Voracek would be off the table in package deals.

- I would consider moving one of Hagg, Morin, or Gotisbehere in place of the 1st

Otherwise I would just say no to Kesler without question or second thought.

That package is on par with what Richards and Carter went for and I don't even think Kes is as valuable today as they were or he himself was 3 years ago. Let alone most of these packages that are head and shoulders better than any of those trade returns were.

Archived