The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks Win

Strombone1

This is why we want the central division wildcard spot...Stand a far better chance going deep against the Blues/Hawks/Avs then we do the Ducks/Sharks/Kings...Not saying we are a cup favorite but never write a team off once make the playoffs

Y'no on paper the Blues have better defense and are just as big as LA, Anaheim and San Jose. A case could be made for being up there in top end talent (Steen was a MVP candidate for a while earlier in the year). They should be just as hard to beat? Although really, their biggest wish should be someone as dynamic as Kopitar, Perry,or Thornton.

I just don't see why we (so far) have held the edge this year against t Louis? Steen alone has killed us how many times the past 3 years...

I think its the heavy fore-checking style of the other 3 teams and puck possession of guys like Getzlaf and jumbo Joe...

I don't think Kesler has any right to complain about those playoff series failures. He totaled 5 points combined both series'. Thats not at all good. He cant complain about the losing streak either really tbh. If he wants out its probably cause he knows we are on the down swing.

its weird cause i remember him at the beginning of the year calling out reporters being full of crap and that he believes this team can contend. guess he is all talk after all

Really happy with Hansen's game tonight. Putting the obvious (GWG) aside for a moment, it was great to see Hansen back logging the highest minutes among forwards on the PK (2:41 tonight), after averaging only about 30 seconds SHTOI/G going into this game (including many games where he was held off the PK unit completely).

I think Hansen needs to play the PK to be at his best during the rest of the game. Something about his style of play (when he's playing well and being used properly) and how he seems to feed off successful PK shifts and it helps him to have more jump and a more solid 2-way game at 5v5.

Taking this team's former #1 penalty killer (Hansen was the Canucks #1 forward in SHTOI under AV) off of the PK for most of the first half of this season was the first coaching decision by Torts that I really disagreed with. Hopefully, Hansen's return to a primary special teams role isn't just a temporary thing that stops again once Kesler gets healthy (assuming he's still a Canuck ;)).

Oh man, first game I went to this season and bunch of seats were empty and was so dead..

Only time there was any noise was when we scored.

Aside from that great win, let's hope this is the game that puts us out of our slump.

Y'no on paper the Blues have better defense and are just as big as LA, Anaheim and San Jose. A case could be made for being up there in top end talent (Steen was a MVP candidate for a while earlier in the year). They should be just as hard to beat? Although really, their biggest wish should be someone as dynamic as Kopitar, Perry,or Thornton.

I just don't see why we (so far) have held the edge this year against t Louis? Steen alone has killed us how many times the past 3 years...

I think its the heavy fore-checking style of the other 3 teams and puck possession of guys like Getzlaf and jumbo Joe...

Difference being the California teams HATE us. They don't play to beat us, they play to murder us, and they are generally, pretty good at it.

this could get ugly for Lu yet again.... since Lu has come back from injury Lack has given us the best chance to win..... torts did all he could to give Lu all the time he needed to find his game and challenge for the starting job in sochi before the olympics even though we were losing and lack had been the better goalie.... now we just gotta win and Lack is showing he is still solid as hes been and if Lu cant stop the 3 goals against games that he had rolling into the olympics he might find himself yet again losing his starting job down the stretch.... and what happens if we squeak in and play st louis first round?? Lack has been in net for all 3 wins vs the blues.

this could get ugly for Lu yet again.... since Lu has come back from injury Lack has given us the best chance to win..... torts did all he could to give Lu all the time he needed to find his game and challenge for the starting job in sochi before the olympics even though we were losing and lack had been the better goalie.... now we just gotta win and Lack is showing he is still solid as hes been and if Lu cant stop the 3 goals against games that he had rolling into the olympics he might find himself yet again losing his starting job down the stretch.... and what happens if we squeak in and play st louis first round?? Lack has been in net for all 3 wins vs the blues.

you do know that both Luongo AND Lack lost their last 5 starts leading up to the olympics right?

if the team is playing as bad as it was during the 7 game losing streak it won't matter who we have in net, the defense was solid tonight Lack only faced 20 shots.

you do know that both Luongo AND Lack lost their last 5 starts leading up to the olympics right?

if the team is playing as bad as it was during the 7 game losing streak it won't matter who we have in net, the defense was solid tonight Lack only faced 20 shots.

Not to mention Luongo did pretty well in the Olympics, with the ice time he had, as I recall.

you do know 3 of Lacks 5 loses were only 1 goal against losses and another loss in winnipeg if you could remember where he was standing on his head and it couldve been 7+ goals against but he kept it respectable , and he was in net for the first half of that anahiem ass kicking where the whole team played like they were drunk....... Lu last 5 losses...3 ,4,3,4,3 goals against ... so we cant score so who do you want in net ,the goalie that right now pressures our team to score more or less???? Lack in his last 5 losses 10 goals against Luongo 17 pretty big difference..... but you dont wanna look at the real numbers just say they both lost 5 and they are equal and carry on.

Really happy with Hansen's game tonight. Putting the obvious (GWG) aside for a moment, it was great to see Hansen back logging the highest minutes among forwards on the PK (2:41 tonight), after averaging only about 30 seconds SHTOI/G going into this game (including many games where he was held off the PK unit completely).

I think Hansen needs to play the PK to be at his best during the rest of the game. Something about his style of play (when he's playing well and being used properly) and how he seems to feed off successful PK shifts and it helps him to have more jump and a more solid 2-way game at 5v5.

Taking this team's former #1 penalty killer (Hansen was the Canucks #1 forward in SHTOI under AV) off of the PK for most of the first half of this season was the first coaching decision by Torts that I really disagreed with. Hopefully, Hansen's return to a primary special teams role isn't just a temporary thing that stops again once Kesler gets healthy (assuming he's still a Canuck ;)).

Agreed. Hansen built his career from the PK, it must have been disheartening to go from #1 unit to #3/4 unit in the PK depth chart for no reason other than to push the Sedin's up.

I think it's time to end the Sedin experiment for the PK. Keep them as the 3rd PK unit, their skills are better used elsewhere.

Archived