The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Great way to become a new team, not even full rebuild mode. Please read.

Piggy Bank

HEY! I am letting my friend write this article because he saw i use this site and thought it was pretty cool. His next favorite team is the Avalanche and favorite player is Patty Kane. Here it is:

I TOLD HIM IT IS REDUNDANT. But this is SOOOO GOOD.

Winnipeg sits in 7th last, with more games played than 14 teams, and equal to 12 others. With rumours of a trade request by Kesler, and a strong improving team under their new coach, Winnipeg may send in calls sooner than later. If we received an offer similar to Scheifele and a First for Kesler, we need to take it. As much as it makes us worse now, we will get better then what we have now, in the future. Scheifele is looking really good..but Wpg needs the offensive and defensive upgrade Kesler brings - a whole new element. Seeing as they sit 24th, and have games in hand only on four teams, I assume they would only improve 2 spots, but make the playoffs next year. There for we inherit a 9th overall pick.

If we sent Edler to Washington, a similar situation would occur. Instead of their 14th pick, they may actually make the playoffs with Edler, and do better the year after with Kuznetsov aswell.

While we get worse now, we get a better future. Sitting with the current 13th overall pick, we will likely fall without Kesler and Edler, and fall a lot. With only Schroeder/Scheifele filling in 2C, and Burrows not producing nor the Sedin's as of late, it will be hard to score, which is good for this plan. Also the D will be tired as heck, having to fill 20 minutes or so in absence of Edler. I would predict a fall of 13th, remember, LITTLE scoring, TIRED defence, and soon to be TIRED goalie, lots of losses - I believe we would be 5th pick. Seriously

Now for drafting, NJ DEVILS forfeit their pick. Likely Broduer's last season, he plays more, they lose more. Assuming they get 7th pick, WE GET picks 5, 8, and 14-16. We also now have a great lottery chance. we can win with picks 5 8 and 14... about 12% chance i believe. but otherwise, still great picks. For say pick 8 wins, we get 1, 5, and 14... DAMNNN (maybe 1 5 8 too, damnnnn)

Draft at 5, Sam Bennett

Draft at 8, Jake Virtanen

Draft at 14, pretty much anyone since it is super thin here. maybe package this pick and our second (35)

Thanks for Reading!!! And Remember our core future would be!

Horvat Bennett Shinkaruk

Virtanen Scheifele 14th Pick - Somewhere in their, which ever prospect we get in the Edler

Fox Gaunce Jensen

listen . We should just hope that the team doesn't try to limp along pretending they are a contender ... god bless em if they try to get younger in a rebuild or retool

I agree, the worse thing is being in denial when a rebuild is needed. If we can't get our act together the next two seasons, then I think it might be time to do drastic changes... Kinda what Philly did but better. Keep the Sedins, Luongo, Lack, Bieska,Tanev, and make everyone else expandable. I still cringe when I think of Schneider being traded for a 9th overall pick... I hope Gillis doesn't make panic moves like this again..

I agree, the worse thing is being in denial when a rebuild is needed. If we can't get our act together the next two seasons, then I think it might be time to do drastic changes... Kinda what Philly did but better. Keep the Sedins, Luongo, Lack, Bieska,Tanev, and make everyone else expandable. I still cringe when I think of Schneider being traded for a 8th overall pick... I hope Gillis doesn't make panic moves like this again..

well said.

but i thought we drafted horvat not ristolainen

Archived