The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Kesler to CBJ

To Columbus: Ryan Kesler

To Vancouver: Boone Jenner, Artem Anisimov, 2014 First Round Pick

Canucks acquire a quality young centre to compliment Bo Horvat and Brendan Gaunce.

Anisimov played for Tortorella in New York and adds some immediate offence.

First rounder adds to the Canucks own first rounder in the upcoming draft.

The deal also meets the Canucks reported asking price of a top prospect, young roster player, and draft choice.

Kesler reunites with R.J. Umberger in Ohio.

i'd rather have Columbus' 1st in 2015. Also i'd rather have either Murray or Johansen than Jenner. We need to add skills on this team not another grinder.

Its laughable to even mention Johansen as a possible target. He was the 6th overall pick 4 years ago, and he has broken out this year. He is playing a complete game and yet is still on pace for a 60+ point season. Consider the fact that Kesler only has 2 years till UFA while Johansen has 4-5. As well as the fact that one of them is 21 while the other one is 29. If you want a deal centered around Kesler and Johansen then the Canucks would be the ones adding.

I think he wants to be as far away from Umberger as possible.

^ This. As much as I'd love to see Johansen in a Canucks uniform I doubt this would happen. Unless the Canucks are trading their first and Edler to get Johansen. And that would be if Edler agreed to move. And I don't think Columbus would bite.

I think he wants to be as far away from Umberger as possible.

Kesler signed an offer sheet from Philadelphia when Umberger was a part of that organization. If he signed it then, when he was younger and the conflict with Umberger was closer in the past, then I don't see why he would not play with Umberger now (around twelve years after the incident).

Very fair value, Anisimov played his best hockey under torts (kinda surprising as he isn't a torts kinda player), Boone is a very comparable player to RK17, but is also comparable to ZK7, first in the 15-20 range isn't fantastic, especially in this draft. I'd say this is a better offer than the proposed PBP offer.

Kesler signed an offer sheet from Philadelphia when Umberger was a part of that organization. If he signed it then, when he was younger and the conflict with Umberger was closer in the past, then I don't see why he would not play with Umberger now (around twelve years after the incident).

Upshall was also on that team and though I don't know why Upshall disliked him personally but Upshall went out of his way to publicly announce how pleased he was Kesler was not on the team.

So I think it's safe to say Kesler is not one to hold grudges or avoid a team because of bad blood.

No way CBJ gives up Johansen

-What if they KNEW Johanssen really wants to play in Van, & Kes really likes playing in Clb?

-In my deal, Horvat could ultimately replace as an emerging young C (with THREE yrs of ELC eligibility). Also Kes is signed for a great price. What a defensive-tandem at C they could have(with Jenner, Dubie, & others)

-They KEEP Kes away from Eastern conf powers, lke Pitt, Phil, Det & TML. They would be the team that could counter Boston's Bergeron.

-Due to all these benefits, I'd demand Murray as well, but compensate with Tanev.

-What if they KNEW Johanssen really wants to play in Van, & Kes really likes playing in Clb?

-In my deal, Horvat could ultimately replace as an emerging young C (with THREE yrs of ELC eligibility). Also Kes is signed for a great price. What a defensive-tandem at C they could have(with Jenner, Dubie, & others)

-They KEEP Kes away from Eastern conf powers, lke Pitt, Phil, Det & TML. They would be the team that could counter Boston's Bergeron.

-Due to all these benefits, I'd demand Murray as well, but compensate with Tanev.

Demand Murray? CBJ isn't giving that fool up either. Other than Tanev being 4 years older, what's the difference? If I'm GM of the Nucks I'm demanding Tanev stay put.

Archived