The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ryan Miller and Steve Ott to St.Louis

Hopefully his time in St. Louis has shown people what he really is, a better than average starter who had 1 great season. Not elite.

The Blues traded for Miller thinking that he would basically be there to cover up the Blue's recent historic deficiencies in their previous playoff appearances.

They only traded up half a step when they acquired Miller. Half a step doesn't cut it if the rest of the team doesn't shift into a higher gear like the Blackhawks did.

When you have a weak-ish playoff Defence and a team that has been incapable of playing solid post-season games for years now, Ryan Miller is most definitely not your answer.

The Blues traded for Miller thinking that he would basically be there to cover up the Blue's recent historic deficiencies in their previous playoff appearances.

They only traded up half a step when they acquired Miller. Half a step doesn't cut it if the rest of the team doesn't shift into a higher gear like the Blackhawks did.

When you have a weak-ish playoff Defence and a team that has been incapable of playing solid post-season games for years now, Ryan Miller is most definitely not your answer.

yes, absolutely, yes

I wonder if the Blues end up resigning Miller. It wouldn't be a bad idea.

On one hand they can sign him for 3 to 5 years but will give up their 1st round pick to Buffalo.

On one hand they can let Miller Walk and go with a Jake Allen/Brian Elliot tandem, which isn't that bad considering they won't have to give up their 1st round.

This just goes to show how overrated the trade deadline is.

A solid contender has their eggs in the right basket already in the offseason.

Montreal doesn't think so. Neither does Anaheim or LA.

Trade deadline is all about trading for the right player. Its like saying Free Agency is overrated because Toronto signed Clarkson to a 6 million dollar contract for many years.

Quite true though, wouldn't you agree?

Flash in the plan player.

Personally I'd put Kassian in the same category - but the jury is still somewhat out.

Kassian is still young and has yet to hit his prime yet you are comparing him to Chris Stewart or Taylor Pyatt who both have been in the league for many years.

Montreal doesn't think so. Neither does Anaheim or LA.

Trade deadline is all about trading for the right player. Its like saying Free Agency is overrated because Toronto signed Clarkson to a 6 million dollar contract for many years.

I stand corrected, you make a valid point.

I guess I shouldn't have generalized all trades, but like another poster said the deadline is better for depth moves. Like a Higgins/lapierre situation.

What an overpayment for 2 old ufa's that probably can't be resigned. If the chemistry is off with the new guys then st.louis just shot themselves in the foot big time.

Dumbest comment I've read on here. The Blues are living in the now, they want the Cup this year and are going for it. How can you possibly criticize them for doing that? Miller and Ott could very well be the finishing touches on the Cup, prospects are just prospects, they haven't proven anything.

Is this MG?

How did that work out for them? Pretty much exactly like I expected.

How did that work out for them? Pretty much exactly like I expected.

It was such a huge overpayment LOL. Miller is not quite what he used to be, and I don't see a huge diff between him and Halak...not worth the Chris Stewart to Steve Ott downgrade AND the draft picks. I don't care what anyone says, Chris Stewart is a solid player and was a big piece in STL

It was such a huge overpayment LOL. Miller is not quite what he used to be, and I don't see a huge diff between him and Halak...not worth the Chris Stewart to Steve Ott downgrade AND the draft picks. I don't care what anyone says, Chris Stewart is a solid player and was a big piece in STL

Teams that have a reputation of struggling to score goals in the post season, shouldn't trade for a goalie at the deadline. Especially by trading a scorer.

Archived