The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Sabres ask Ehrhoff where he won't accept trade

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Sabres ask Ehrhoff where he won't accept trade

Friday, 02.28.2014 / 11:51 AM

By NHL.com Staff - / 2014 Trade Deadline blog

Trade talk surrounding the Buffalo Sabres usually centers around goaltender Ryan Miller as well as captain Steve Ott.

Another player likely to attract attention is defenseman Christian Ehrhoff, who confirmed to the Buffalo News on Friday that the Sabres recently asked him for his list of eight teams where he wouldn't accept a trade.

"They obviously want to be prepared come trade deadline," Ehrhoff told the newspaper. "We’ll see where it will take us."

Ehrhoff signed a 10-year, $40 million contract with the Sabres during the summer of 2011 that contained the limited no-trade clause.

Ehrhoff was coming off career highs of 14 goals and 50 points with the Vancouver Canucks when he signed the contract. He's failed to produce to the same level in three seasons with the Sabres, scoring six goals with 28 points in 57 games this season.

The 31-year-old was a fourth-round pick (No. 106) of the San Jose Sharks in the 2001 NHL Draft, and has career totals of 69 goals and 308 points in 670 games for the Sharks, Canucks and Sabres.

Florida

Carolina

Edmonton

Calgary

Vancouver

Phoenix

Columbus

Dallas

Would be my guess

I'd replace Dallas with New Jersey though. Dallas is actually pretty decent.

Hold on guys, he chose Buffalo over the Canucks (immediately following the Cup run) before, what makes you think those lackluster teams aren't on his "please" list?

Hold on guys, he chose Buffalo over the Canucks (immediately following the Cup run) before, what makes you think those lackluster teams aren't on his "please" list?

Because he already has the money guaranteed.

I don't even know why Canucks fans make such a big deal about that comment. The circumstances in which Ehrhoff made that comment were completely different. He had signed a long term deal in a city whose Cup drought is just as long as Vancouver's. Expectations were high because the Sabres finally had the funds to spend up to the cap, a luxury that they never had. Are you really going to tell me that this was some slight made at the Canucks? It was just a new signing trying to build up the hype among the fans. None the less the Sabres flopped and when you make use of extra cap space to sign Ville Leino, you deserve to suck.

Because he already has the money guaranteed.

I don't even know why Canucks fans make such a big deal about that comment. The circumstances in which Ehrhoff made that comment were completely different. He had signed a long term deal in a city whose Cup drought is just as long as Vancouver's. Expectations were high because the Sabres finally had the funds to spend up to the cap, a luxury that they never had. Are you really going to tell me that this was some slight made at the Canucks? It was just a new signing trying to build up the hype among the fans. None the less the Sabres flopped and when you make use of extra cap space to sign Ville Leino, you deserve to suck.

Sorry, my comment was in jest. I don't hate the guy, many of us would make the same choice if someone waved $50 mil around to skate on a sheet of ice.

Hindsight jest indicates that Ehrhoff will end up on a plug franchise. Good for him if he doesn't.

Sorry, my comment was in jest. I don't hate the guy, many of us would make the same choice if someone waved $50 mil around to skate on a sheet of ice.

Hindsight jest indicates that Ehrhoff will end up on a plug franchise. Good for him if he doesn't.

You know, if I moved to Germany for 15 years to pursue a career, and have the possibility of making $60 mil dollars during that time, I'd live in Essen willingly and smile about it.

It would be my favourite city in the world.

You know, if I moved to Germany for 15 years to pursue a career, and have the possibility of making $60 mil dollars during that time, I'd live in Essen willingly and smile about it.

Agreed, but for your example to have greater impact I would look outside European cities with inherently sexy European women. Say... Abidjan or Tehran.

Although, Persian women...

30cu52v.jpg

For 60 million I don't even know what my limits would be. Location wise.

Ehrhoff would be a great asset to a team looking to bolster their backend with offence. A team that is defensively sound like LA or Boston or even Anaheim could really benefit from his offensive upside.

Side note hope Cody is happy where he is now. Should be about 5-6 years before they're contenders and by the looks of it Cody will be slotting in once again as the 3 C with all the draft picks they're acquiring and their current pool of prospects.

Essen is the Neighbour Town of my Hometown. ::D

There are some nice Places..mainly in the South of the Town... a Lake , Woods , Lower Hills.

The North of Essen is pretty ugly though

Archived