The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Sabres ask Ehrhoff where he won't accept trade

Is that a typo in the article?

Surely he is providing a list of 8 teams he WOULD be willing to go to?

What team has ever asked a player essentially for a list of 22 teams he'd waive for.

No, the terms of his ntc allows him to choose which 8 teams he will not accept a trade to. Everyone else is fair game

Why wouldn't he want to play in Van?

He left because he was traded. He was traded because Gillis made him one lowball offer which he turned down.

Even if we could obtain him he'd be redundant at this point in time sadly as we are far to heavy on the blue line and need to move a body. And moving Edler moves what would have been one of his better playing partners anyways so the point becomes redundant

Even if we could obtain him he'd be redundant at this point in time sadly as we are far to heavy on the blue line and need to move a body. And moving Edler moves what would have been one of his better playing partners anyways so the point becomes redundant

I would take Ehrhoff over Edler and trade Edler for some young assets.

We would probably be in a playoff spot right now if we had any sort of powerplay.

I imagine NYI on the 'hell no' list as well. Lets be honest though, we are hurting for goals, and unlike Garrison, Ehrhoff doesn't have a problem hitting the net from the point. Yes Garrison has a hard shot, but Ehrhoff has excellent precision. I would hate to see this guy go to a Cali team, you know one of them would love his PP skills. Also, 4 million a year cap hit, that ain't bad.

I would take Ehrhoff over Edler and trade Edler for some young assets.

We would probably be in a playoff spot right now if we had any sort of powerplay.

If it was an affordable deal where we kept our 1sts and still had the ability to ship of Edler for a kings ransom.

Done deal

If it was an affordable deal where we kept our 1sts and still had the ability to ship of Edler for a kings ransom.

Done deal

I think Buffalo would be looking for a 1st for him, but that doesn't mean we cant acquire a better first from trading edler or kesler.

I think Buffalo would be looking for a 1st for him, but that doesn't mean we cant acquire a better first from trading edler or kesler.

I don't know.

I am of the opinion that any deal we make that involves our 1sts + and doesn't involve a massive return that immediately makes that 1st redundant is a non starter.

Especially for the next 3 seasons if we do start trading our core as those will almost assuredly be top 10 picks.

Archived