The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Russia invading the Ukraine. Approves military use.

Dittohead

how can you guys care about Ukraine when the same sort of conflict has been happening on a much bigger scale in Africa for DECADES upon DECADES?

nice, guys. when conflict moves out of the heart of darkness into the western world you start to care?

UH HUH

RACISTS

This guy took trolling to a whole other level

how can you guys care about Ukraine when the same sort of conflict has been happening on a much bigger scale in Africa for DECADES upon DECADES?

nice, guys. when conflict moves out of the heart of darkness into the western world you start to care?

UH HUH

RACISTS

Serious or...?

Yea... why don't you call me when a major world power is on the brink of war with an African country, and when that major world power has been warned by other major world powers not to invade said country, and on top of that the African country has a decent sized military.

But yea, no one cares about Africa. Children are dying of starvation over there and everyone in the West is spending thousands of dollars on recreational crap. You could send 100 dollars and literally SAVE SOMEONES LIFE. Not many people do because they don't give a damn. It isn't in human nature to have sympathy for someone that isn't right in front of their face. All the attention this Ukraine situation is from people either watching for entertainment, worried about WW3, or hoping for WW3. There are a select few that really do care but the majority doesn't, and Frankly, I see most of the people expressing sympathy for these countries as doing it for their own image.

There securing the base in Crimea, that's as far as any Russian military incursion will go. Yushchenko has come out of hiding, approving the Russian movement, hes still the legally elected president.

I somehow doubt that fraudulent pig is going to be resuming power, any attempt to do so will make things a lot worse before they get better.

respond to me. don't just say I am uneducated and not explain why. its rude brah

You're missing the obvious.

This is a hockey message board not a geopolitic board.

This is where people with common interest come to discuss that interest. Hockey. Anything else chosen to be discussed here is extracurricular.

If you don't understand that then you are the one with the problem.

Russia took back the historical Crimea, and have secured their long held military facilities. I don't think a single military person has fired a shot or died.

The way the media (Western) is presenting this, we would think Russian paratroopers have landed in all Ukrainian cities and tanks are rolling around with Russian flags all over the country.

Now Neo-Nazi's have taken power in Ukraine thanks to this co'up, Svoboda

s0sR7dL.jpg

^ Svoboda’s leader, Oleh Tyahnybok

Russia And China 'In Agreement' Over Ukraine

http://news.sky.com/...nt-over-ukraine

The way the US and Canada (with a far lesser influence) are trying to condemn Russia and Putin is almost funny.

Our Foreign Affairs Minister said something to the tune of "Russia has no business getting involved in the Democratic struggle of another country"

... Really? Didn't we just do that 10 freakin' years ago? To a country on the other side of the world nonetheless?

If we want to go against this, I don't think that's the best angle to go in at.

Unless Ukrainians are housing and training terrorists that are attacking russia and or ethnically cleansing russians in the Ukraine then its really not similar at all.

Watching CNN, just find it so funny that there reporters are trying to fool everyone and forget what the US has done....Saying things like "countries just can't go and invade other other countries"...LOL like seriously are American's that dumb?

America is gutless.

The US accuses Russia of breaking International law when they break it themselves countless times. How many deaths have they been responsible for? Millions died in the Vietnam War, Hundreds of thousands died in Iraq/ Afghanistan. Not to mention the illegal drone strikes in Pakistan. And how about the Panama invasion when they claim jurisdiction of the Panama Canal the same way Russia is claiming they are protecting Russian interests in Crimea.

Russia took back the historical Crimea, and have secured their long held military facilities. I don't think a single military person has fired a shot or died.

The way the media (Western) is presenting this, we would think Russian paratroopers have landed in all Ukrainian cities and tanks are rolling around with Russian flags all over the country.

Now Neo-Nazi's have taken power in Ukraine thanks to this co'up, Svoboda

s0sR7dL.jpg

^ Svoboda’s leader, Oleh Tyahnybok

One soldier is too many in this case.

The US accuses Russia of breaking International law when they break it themselves countless times. How many deaths have they been responsible for? Millions died in the Vietnam War, Hundreds of thousands died in Iraq/ Afghanistan. Not to mention the illegal drone strikes in Pakistan. And how about the Panama invasion when they claim jurisdiction of the Panama Canal the same way Russia is claiming they are protecting Russian interests in Crimea.

US repeatedly being on the wrong side of history says nothing about events in Ukraine today.

Fact is, Russia is breaking many international laws and treaties.

Since the coup was done with a lot of right-wing nationalists, it wouldn't be too far off to imagine them targeting ethnic Russians as a rallying technique.

The Russians probably shouldn't be sending in troops to take control of the Crimea, but then again it was probably gonna happen anyways.

Alternative scenario....Crimea would probably have some voting where the Russian majority will vote to leave the Ukraine for Russia, the Ukrainian nationalists will claim voting irregularities, undue influences, etc, more protest/rioting with martial law in place, more violence along ethnic lines... then Russian troops forced to take action....

Since the coup was done with a lot of right-wing nationalists, it wouldn't be too far off to imagine them targeting ethnic Russians as a rallying technique.

The Russians probably shouldn't be sending in troops to take control of the Crimea, but then again it was probably gonna happen anyways.

Alternative scenario....Crimea would probably have some voting where the Russian majority will vote to leave the Ukraine for Russia, the Ukrainian nationalists will claim voting irregularities, undue influences, etc, more protest/rioting with martial law in place, more violence along ethnic lines... then Russian troops forced to take action....

I agree, but I think Crimea would first need to declare independence by referendum and then have another referendum regarding ceding to Russia.

You're missing the obvious.

This is a hockey message board not a geopolitic board.

This is where people with common interest come to discuss that interest. Hockey. Anything else chosen to be discussed here is extracurricular.

If you don't understand that then you are the one with the problem.

What does it matter what kind of board it is? This is the Off Topics Forum. Meaning - not hockey related.

Archived