The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canadiens offer PK Subban seven-year, $49 million deal

The Montreal Canadiens have offered P.K. Subban a 7 year contract worth $49M or $7M AAV. It's believed that Subban is looking $8-$8.5M per season:

It will be interesting to see what happens in negotiations between the Habs and defenceman P.K. Subban after the trade deadline. The talk is Montreal has tabled a seven-year deal worth $49 million. A Norris Trophy candidate, it’s believed Subban is looking for something in the $8-to-$8.5 million per-year range on a new contract. Montreal GM Marc Bergevin got a bridge contract with Subban in the last negotiation two years ago but now he has the upper hand and the Habs will have to pay.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/03/01/who-are-the-nhl-buyers-and-sellers-parity-suggests-we-may-not-know-until-11th-hour

Wow I'm actually very surprised he was offered 7 and even more surprised he turned that down.

I don't understand why players like Letang or Subban look for that "extra million", honestly will it really make that big of a difference in your life?

Greedy bitches.

Ya...I see them steeling at $7.5 or $7.75 million. The guy is worth it. He is not as dynamic as Keith but he's the only D man in the east that has Keith like qualities and as young as he is, he's only going to be getting better.

He's worth a shade more than $7 million like it or not

Wow I'm actually very surprised he was offered 7 and even more surprised he turned that down.

I don't understand why players like Letang or Subban look for that "extra million", honestly will it really make that big of a difference in your life?

Greedy bitches.

He took a discount before.. he's worth 7M+.

I'm pretty sure you'd do the exact same.

He took a discount before.. he's worth 7M+.

I'm pretty sure you'd do the exact same.

My point is that Subban would be making 7 million a year, and I think NHL players like him tend to forget how much money that actually is. Anybody could easily retire and live off of 7 million dollars alone. So the fact Subban would make that amount in one season is ridiculous. But what's even more ridiculous is that he believes an extra 1.5 million a year is worth fighting for.

And as far as me doing the same... maybe if I based my work ethic off of maximum profit.

I don't think that way though.

My point is that Subban would be making 7 million a year, and I think NHL players like him tend to forget how much money that actually is. Anybody could easily retire and live off of 7 million dollars alone. So the fact Subban would make that amount in one season is ridiculous. But what's even more ridiculous is that he believes an extra 1.5 million a year is worth fighting for.

And as far as me doing the same... maybe if I based my work ethic off of maximum profit.

I don't think that way though.

Well, MTL could have locked him up for around 5.5M per long-term.. They should have expected this.

Greedy bitches.

Ya that's weird

if he gets another million I wonder how much of that he loses to taxes anyway.

You mean extra million per year for 7 or 8 years for a total of 7 or 8 million dollars extra?

Yeah that would make a substantial difference in anybodys life.

As would a single million dollars. Don't agree? You must be one wealthy individual.

Of course.

Why not have that extra 7-8 million? Hell why not make it another 20 million. Anybody could definitely use some extra cars for specific days, a house for each season, maybe an island!

Yeah you're right, a substantial difference indeed.

Fight the good fight Subban.

Of course.

Why not have that extra 7-8 million? Hell why not make it another 20 million. Anybody could definitely use some extra cars for specific days, a house for each season, maybe an island!

Yeah you're right, a substantial difference indeed.

Fight the good fight Subban.

How do you know he won't donate some money to charity like the Sedins did?

Greedy bitches.

They compare among themselves. Subban is a great player but has a big ego and wants to be seen as 'better' than Doughty, Letang etc.

My point is that Subban would be making 7 million a year, and I think NHL players like him tend to forget how much money that actually is. Anybody could easily retire and live off of 7 million dollars alone.

It's not really $7M a year though. The government takes $3.5M in taxes and his agent probably gets 10-15% commission.

Archived