The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hank & Dank Should be on the block!

Dusty_Undies

I'm Sure i'll get ridiculed for saying this, But now is the time to let the twins go. It seems that there numbers are declining and with Gillis recently re-signing them to reasonable contract extension's, I feel that there trade Vaule isn't getting any higher. I know they deserve to be on the 1st line and are the face of the franchise ,but I cant help but think how i prefered them on the 2nd line. They seemed to have more time and space to make plays when they were second liners. Although Kes will get us somthing nice on the market I dont think he's the answer. Beast MOde is hard to come by.

So, Should the Twins go or Kes?

The OP has a point! The vultures are circling this hockey club taking our best defensive forward and top goal scorer and we will be left with Henrik and Daniel.

Now don't get me wrong I am a fan of these two and I think Henrik will still be effective but can you honestly see Daniel scoring 30 again? What's his drought now 21,22?

Oh and I know about the NMC but MG should really have waited until giving them that contract. Most were happy with them signing that and I just think that was a sneaky move by Gillis to get the fans back on his side. Did it work? Yes it did then but he has dug a huge hole for himself and I have always been supportive of the guy but he in my eyes has seriously let this hockey club down the past two years.

I have been saying this since the finals, this team should be rebuilding 'around' kes and trading the twins not the other way around! However let's be realistic here the twins won't waive to go to two seperate teams nor would one of them go well the other stays! If it was possible I rather we trade them both or at least dank (as hank can actually play without his brother) but like I just said its impossible so if they are traded its both of them and to the same team and what team could afford not only their combined cap hit but to pay the very high price Gillis would be wanting for the twins? MG backed himself into a corner with the twins NMC and so like it or not we are stuck with them. We have no choice but move other valuable assets to go into rebuild mode.

If we can get into a position where the Sedins are anchoring the Second line and we are able to build up a solid low cost first line from young guns with crazy potential I think this franchise will be sitting pretty.

I think what the Sedins lack is a true identity at this point. Are they first liners? Well generally first liners aren't asked to block shots and kill penalties.

If we could get into a position where they know their role as secondary scoring and helping shutdown I think we will see that they will make the best second line in the league.

The twins are a bit more then players to the team, they should retire as Canucks. Considering the lack of history within this franchise, maybe I am in the minority here, but it means something to have them start and end their careers as Canucks especially considering they will also be retiring as the best players in terms of points and longevity in franchise history.

I thought the same about Marty Brodeur, and he DELIVERED 3 Cups to the Devil's. This is my 1st year following the Canucks so my opinion really don't count. But, it begs the question, what HAVE the twins provided to the team? Yes, they are good, but it takes a team to win a Cup, not just 1 or 2 players. The Caps have realized that with Ovechkin.

No one, IMO, is untradeable.

How often can 1 team rebuild before you realize the pieces don't fit?

The twins aren't going anywhere, they retired here once they signed their contracts.

And how many teams have the space to take on $14M? If we supposedly don't want them, why would anyone else? I imagine the rest of the league has noticed their drop off in production, why would they take on potential anchors without giving anchors back?

Archived