The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dank reportedly to be out 3 weeks minimum

TheRussianRocket.

CBC mentioned it in the broadcast too. Torts has thrown his hands up.

At least this removes the need to "save the season" by having to get a center back for Kesler. Now just take the best package of youth you can get.

Teams have to say "injuries aren't an excuse". Anybody that buys it though are a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Listening to 1040 represents a much bigger problem though :lol:

Teams have to say "injuries aren't an excuse". Anybody that buys it though are a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Listening to 1040 represents a much bigger problem though
Hey, if you're drumming to an anti-media beat, i'm playing the timpani. But in this case all they did was play a Torts sound clip. So I guess he's at least being honest about injuries being a problem. However, that won't stop Torts from being the all-round scapegoat of the season, and that's what he appears to have been hired for at the moment.

Hey, if you're drumming to an anti-media beat, i'm playing the timpani. But in this case all they did was play a Torts sound clip. So I guess he's at least being honest about injuries being a problem. However, that won't stop Torts from being the all-round scapegoat of the season, and that's what he appears to have been hired for at the moment.

The idiots are blaming Torts? I thought Gillis was the scapegoat du jour? People need to put down the pitch forks and torches and realize that this season was always teetering on a very fine edge. Unfortunately it teetered the wrong way with injuries being the biggest reason this team has taken a serious nose dive.

A lack of depth (compounded by those injuries) due to a shrinking cap and, inability to buyout Booth being the next biggest secondary reasons.

We needed to be lucky this year to even have a decent (let alone good) year and we've had the exact opposite.

Mystery solved.

too bad for Dan...a bad season gets worse for him.

on the flip side...maybe Hank will step it up in his absence again.

I really hope so.

It's going to be very interesting to see how things play out. In previous years, losing Daniel meant losing the team's top goalscoring threat. Not so much this year.

It's sad to say it but if the Canucks were to elevate Higgins and Kassian to the top line, Henrik would immediately have better scoring options on both of his wings (Higgy>Danny and Kass>Burr).

Not to suggest that there won't be an overall team loss from Daniel's injury. The twins (and Burrows), while not producing anywhere near enough goals, are still managing to drive possession and zonetime. Their offense may not put the puck in the net but it keeps the majority of the play in the opposition's end of the rink. Consequently, the Canucks might not score less goals while Daniel's injured but they could become a more porous team defensively during his absence.

It would also be interesting to try to bring some of the Booth-Kassian chemistry to Henrik's line and see what that trio could produce with top minutes and opportunities.

I'd certainly like to get a read on what Henrik can accomplish when not playing with a hesitant Daniel and a hopelessly snakebitten Burrows. This would hopefully give a better indication of how much gas is actually left in Henrik's tank as the Canucks' #1 centreman (which becomes especially important in considering this team's future plans following a potential Kesler trade)

If Henrik can somehow manage to put the team on his back one more time, it'll go a long way toward erasing some of the doubts that have crept in regarding his effectiveness over the future term of the twins' new contracts. It'll also largely support the concept of this season's decline being an aberration, at least when it comes to Hank (Danny and Burr's 2013-14 struggles remain huge concerns moving forward).

Worst case (or best case--at least according to some people), Hank's production falls even lower without Danny and the top-six dries up completely if/when Kesler is traded. We're only a handful of points out of a top-five draft position so we tank and sell our way to a massive haul from the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.

My heart is leaning toward Hank playing the hero once more for this team and somehow carrying the Canucks to the playoffs.

My mind can see the potential benefits of the "worst case" scenario. I'm just not sure that MG is the right person to guide the team through such a transition (and I'm very worried about him bungling the potential opportunities that could arise)

Like I said at the top: it's going to interesting to see how things play out.

For now (and for as long as I can), I'm going to follow my heart and believe in Henrik (and in this team).

The idiots are blaming Torts? I thought Gillis was the scapegoat du jour? People need to put down the pitch forks and torches and realize that this season was always teetering on a very fine edge. Unfortunately it teetered the wrong way with injuries being the biggest reason this team has taken a serious nose dive.

A lack of depth (compounded by those injuries) due to a shrinking cap and, inability to buyout Booth being the next biggest secondary reasons.

We needed to be lucky this year to even have a decent (let alone good) year and we've had the exact opposite.

Mystery solved.

I concur. Gillis is still the main scapegoat and has been since 2011, but lately Torts has been under intensified scrutity. Really, there are a lot of things to blame here, so perhaps there will be no terminations after we fail to make the playoffs. But if anyone is canned, it'll likely be Gillis.

Hey, perhaps Steve Tambellini will come in. He's shown that he's good at tanking his team at least. The upcoming drafts would be a good time to do that. And he has an Italian-sounding last name. ;)

^ Not with Archibald already having been called up today.

Regardless IMO.

You burn a year on his ELC for a team going nowhere this season? Where's the reasoning?

Never mind the risk you take from pulling him from the AHL too early JUST as he's starting to "get it" and risk crushing his confidence. No thanks. Let him continue to dominate in the AHL and go from there. See what he lloks like next camp but even then I'd wager he's spending at least part of next season on the Comets.

Regardless IMO.

You burn a year on his ELC for a team going nowhere this season? Where's the reasoning?

Never mind the risk you take from pulling him from the AHL too early JUST as he's starting to "get it" and risk crushing his confidence. No thanks. Let him continue to dominate in the AHL and go from there. See what he lloks like next camp but even then I'd wager he's spending at least part of next season on the Comets.

Let him continue to dominate... hahaha that's a good one. Doesn't a year get burned regardless if he's in the AHL or NHL?

Let him continue to dominate... hahaha that's a good one. Doesn't a year get burned regardless if he's in the AHL or NHL?

Yes, just reminded of that actually re: the ELC. The rest of the point stand.

He has been dominating lately FYI ;)

Can't believe all the people happy about this news. Yet you wonder why Vancouver fans are known as being clueless. Look no further than some of the responses in this thread and the treatment of Lack yesterday for your answer.

Just shut him down for the rest of the year as you now have the perfect excuse to do so.

Agreed, let him get 100% and work on his shot for next year. Give youth a chance, especially when we trade Kesler? (Maybe)

Archived