The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why I like Tom Sestito

Snake Doctor

After watching Tom Sestito in the heritage classic yesterday and also the last few games, I have come to really like what he brings to the table. This guy now reminds me a liitle of Gino Odjick, and that's what this team needs right now. He did not back down last night and was a beast on the ice. We need another Gino Odjick and hopefully Tom will deliver this brand of hockey to our team.

I was watching the game at the bar and one of the patrons was irrate about putting Sestito on the ice when the Canucks were down by one goal. First of all he has more goals than Burrows, Schroeder, and the same ammount of goals as Booth. He has put up better numbers in the last few games than than the guys expected to deliver points every game.

I have a good feeling that Tom Sestito will improve his game to another level in the next 19 games and bring some grit and secondary scoring that this team needs.

Way to go Tom, keep up the great work.

:rolleyes:

He actually had some good chances at the net even though he was looking for a good disruption.

He does not get enough ice time in my books but when he does get stuck out on a long shift he looks tired.

If he works hard this off season he could really shine. Cardio for the win!

I thought we just had a good goon on our hands - it would seem there is a little bit more there.

He has decent offensive instincts too, and its the first time in ages we can say we have an AMAZING 4th line tough guy.

I think as long as Torts is here - Tom Sestito will be too.

He's never going to be a big goal scorer anything, but he sure beats some of the previous "Tough guys" we've had - Tanner Glass, Darcy Hordichuck, Mike Brown, Shane O'brien

I wish we could have seen Rypien & Sestito on the same line.

He's been a pleasant surprise actually, he does exactly what's required of a fourth line enforcer. He might not be the best fighter, but he's got more than one dimension to his game. He skates decent, generally isn't a liability on the ice, has decent hands around the net, isn't afraid to mix things up physically, and works his butt off. That's all anyone can really ask of a fourth liner.

SESTITO KESLER KASSIAN

"Squatch Mode"

This was the best line I have seen from the Canucks this year, and it was

only for 1 period vs Anaheim; they dictated the play.

Why has this line not been put back together?

exactly, they dominated,

instead im stuck watching Daniel family skating. what a joke.

Archived