The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] D-men Byfuglien, MacDonald, Ehrhoff, Daley all available

Visp

via philly.com and the Inquirer

WASHINGTON - General manager Paul Holmgren says he will upgrade the Flyers' defense if the right deal comes along. He is running out of time.

The trade deadline is Wednesday at 3 p.m., and the Flyers could use some help on their back end.

Winnipeg's Dustin Byfuglien, the Islanders' Andrew MacDonald, Buffalo's Christian Ehrhoff, and Dallas' Trevor Daley are among the defensemen reportedly available.

Byfuglien is the most intriguing.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20140303_Will_Flyers_add_defenseman_before_trade_deadline_.html#rhrbxi8i8P5ahTZe.99

Makes sense that Winnipeg wants to deal Byfuglien. I could seriously see them dealing Buff for a top six center and inquiring about Edler

Edler - Bogosian

Enstrom - Trouba

Stuart - Clitsome

You know what, that's a very solid defence and may just give the Jets the extra push they need to make the playoffs.

Makes sense that Winnipeg wants to deal Byfuglien. I could seriously see them dealing Buff for a top six center and inquiring about Edler

Edler - Bogosian

Enstrom - Trouba

Stuart - Clitsome

You know what, that's a very solid defence and may just give the Jets the extra push they need to make the playoffs.

Edler would be a nice addition but the Jets won't be willing to give up the assets necessary to acquire him.

Edler - Bogosian

Enstrom - Trouba

Stuart - Clitsome

Unlikely Edler would waive his NTC to go to Winnipeg.

Now of all those names available. Who really has the most value and would be the most attractive. There is really only 1 complete D man who can skate, hit block backcheck and put up points all while being under a decent contract

Let them trade Buff to philly for Brayden Schenn or something along those lines than trade Edler + for Evander Kane

Evander Kane isn't going anywhere, especially for Edler plus some garbage prospects.

Archived