The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bigfoot sighting on Van Island?

Up until 10-15 years ago there were no grizzly bears on the island, now they're becoming a regular sighting on the north end. The theory is they're younger bears who have been displaced or 'exiled' by more aggressive adult bears.

(I know that has nothing to do with bigfoot, I just figured this useless thread could benefit from a random interesting fact).

bears can swim MUCH better than monkeys though and a big foot is mostly monkey.

bears can swim MUCH better than monkeys though and a big foot is mostly monkey.

what if a big foot was ACTUALLY mostly bear? we have no clue what type of creature it may actually be since noone's ever seen it clearly or was able to procure one.

what if a big foot was ACTUALLY mostly bear? we have no clue what type of creature it may actually be since noone's ever seen it clearly or was able to procure one.

all this time I thought it was a monkey man but could be a bear man....

Actually kinda Clever never thought about it like that. Even after seeing him like 20 years ago thinking it was a bear hiding behind a fallen tree until it stood up and ran off ... :-/

all this time I thought it was a monkey man but could be a bear man....

Actually kinda Clever never thought about it like that. Even after seeing him like 20 years ago thinking it was a bear hiding behind a fallen tree until it stood up and ran off ... :-/

it would also explain the large feet...

i've seen a wolverine AND a mountain lion. it doesn't need to be in the wild either (wolverines and mountain lions in captivity are proof of their existence, as are road kill, videos and pictures, if bigfeet existed there would be proof, like dead bodies, real tracks, scat, other things of that nature, not just hoaxes and fuzzy/grainy video/pictures.

The news said a story was coming up about a boater who may have seen the mythological creature Bigfoot, and then later on Colleen Christie was like "Oh yeah, that supposed Bigfoot sighting, that story is going to be tomorrow" Or something like that. I have never heard of them doing that with any story, what's up with that?

It's a conspiracy to cover up the truth...

I'm sorry, but if there was a 9+ft furry ape walking around NA, I am sure somebody by now would have actual clear HD photo or physical evidence.

Archaeological evidence would be everywhere. Bones, lots of them. If they arrived in North America at about the same time as their human cousins there would be well over 10,000 years worth of bones around. The lack of a single piece of scientific evidence where it should be abundant is about all that needs to be said.

this is about the only thing that can make the news interesting, so they are forced to bait its half-dead viewers with stuff like this

Nah. It just means they know nobody else will run the story that day and had other news that would be on other news outlets.

As a reporter I frequently generated news stories for future days or slow mornings when I knew it was just my own work, and I wouldn't be scooped.

As for teeing it up before the break, that's just somebody leaving the teaser in by mistake for a story they bumped.

i've seen a wolverine AND a mountain lion. it doesn't need to be in the wild either (wolverines and mountain lions in captivity are proof of their existence, as are road kill, videos and pictures, if bigfeet existed there would be proof, like dead bodies, real tracks, scat, other things of that nature, not just hoaxes and fuzzy/grainy video/pictures.

Actually if Sasquatches exist, they are very shy and reclusive creatures. In the wild when an animal dies, their carcasses don't last long, wolves, bears, hawks, and other animals will scavenge and pick apart and scatter the remains very quickly. If an animal tends to avoid humans and has slightly more intelligence than other animals it makes sense. Mountain Gorillas who are critically endangered and number only about 880 in the world, where thought to be a myth until they were discovered in 1902.

Gorillas in general were discovered in 1847.

I think a lot of Sasquatch sightings are people seeing bears stand up on hind legs from a remote distance, or hoaxes.

However the Patterson-Gimlin film even if it was faked did a damn good job, because you can see muscle when the creature moves. If there is these creatures they probably number only in the 100's at best, as humans have intruded on their living space.

Actually if Sasquatches exist, they are very shy and reclusive creatures. In the wild when an animal dies, their carcasses don't last long, wolves, bears, hawks, and other animals will scavenge and pick apart and scatter the remains very quickly. If an animal tends to avoid humans and has slightly more intelligence than other animals it makes sense. Mountain Gorillas who are critically endangered and number only about 880 in the world, where thought to be a myth until they were discovered in 1902.

Gorillas in general were discovered in 1847.

I think a lot of Sasquatch sightings are people seeing bears stand up on hind legs from a remote distance, or hoaxes.

However the Patterson-Gimlin film even if it was faked did a damn good job, because you can see muscle when the creature moves. If there is these creatures they probably number only in the 100's at best, as humans have intruded on their living space.

1) that "bigfoot"'s feet are tiny, and he's barely over 6 feet, if that.

2)it's clearly a man in a gorilla outfit

3)even scattered remains would be found if they existed, you can find carcasses in the wild on the regular. 10,000 years of people hunting/exploring the wilderness and not even so much as a bone/piece of fur/any evidence whatsoever...

Archived