The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bigfoot sighting on Van Island?

Archaeological evidence would be everywhere. Bones, lots of them. If they arrived in North America at about the same time as their human cousins there would be well over 10,000 years worth of bones around. The lack of a single piece of scientific evidence where it should be abundant is about all that needs to be said.

yeah .. you'd figure that would be about the end of it ..... but nooooooooo,,,,

Must've been my friend. He wears a size 21 shoe and he is 6'6.

I'm 6'7 and size 15 shoes.

My feet, like the rest of me. are non-small.

Size 21 is not an appropriate shoe size for a 6'6 dude. As a result, I conclude you're making up things (again).

Must've been my friend. He wears a size 21 shoe and he is 6'6.

I'm 6'7 and size 15 shoes.

My feet, like the rest of me. are non-small.

Size 21 is not an appropriate shoe size for a 6'6 dude. As a result, I conclude you're making up things (again).

I am 6' and wear size 15's my feet are 14.5 and are a bizzle to shop for. Don't know why its so hard to fathom people with large feet.

1) that "bigfoot"'s feet are tiny, and he's barely over 6 feet, if that.

2)it's clearly a man in a gorilla outfit

3)even scattered remains would be found if they existed, you can find carcasses in the wild on the regular. 10,000 years of people hunting/exploring the wilderness and not even so much as a bone/piece of fur/any evidence whatsoever...

1) This was filmed in 1967. One year before Planet of the Apes, and 2001.

2) The "suit" shows muscle movement under the fur. That's pretty advanced for even prosthetics today.

3) Where do you get 6' from? Got some trig work showing it?

4) Even if it is 6', unless Sasquatches have massive man boobs, it looks like a female.

5) Look at the body. That would require a boatload of practice to fake walking that way. And on snowy, uneven ground?

All this to make a hoax?

Have a look at Kubricks 2001, as good as those suits are it's nothing compared to that film.

See any muscles under the fur here? That is a suit. And an expensive one at that.

I have an open mind. But a scientific study to see if we can find these creatures wouldn't be a waste. If they are real, that's a massive discovery. If it's fake, then that's an answer too.

1) This was filmed in 1967. One year before Planet of the Apes, and 2001.

2) The "suit" shows muscle movement under the fur. That's pretty advanced for even prosthetics today.

3) Where do you get 6' from? Got some trig work showing it?

4) Even if it is 6', unless Sasquatches have massive man boobs, it looks like a female.

5) Look at the body. That would require a boatload of practice to fake walking that way. And on snowy, uneven ground?

All this to make a hoax?

Have a look at Kubricks 2001, as good as those suits are it's nothing compared to that film.

See any muscles under the fur here? That is a suit. And an expensive one at that.

I have an open mind. But a scientific study to see if we can find these creatures wouldn't be a waste. If they are real, that's a massive discovery. If it's fake, then that's an answer too.

i see no movement under the fur other than the person under it. where, pray-tell do you see muscle movement? it's a padded Ape costume. and it wouldn't be that hard to walk that way, and why would you assume it's uneven and snowy ground. you can't see the ground it's walking on, you're making assumptions from the stuff in front of it. based on how it's walking there is no way it's uneven or snowy ground, as it doesn't move up and down, just straight laterally. if it were walking on snow, the body would move up and down because the snow doesn't immediately fully compress, and it's going to have natural variations in density. if it was rocky/uneven, it would definitely not walk straight from left to right. there would be lots of up and down movement. it's clearly walking along a packed path.

And yes, it'd be a HUGE waste of money just to "prove" they don't exist, because believers wouldn't trust the study anyway.

Archived