The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Kesler's value compared to R.Johansen?

If Kesler was headed to Columbus, I would think Johansen would be coming back. Thing is, I don't think Columbus would give up that 3 part package with 20-25 roster player, top prospect, and 1st if the roster player is Johansen. But I also do not know all that much about Johansen except that he's having a great season, so maybe he's not as good as I think he is (fill me in if that's the case).

So might the package be in the area of Johansen+2nd+3rd/minor prospect? Thoughts?

If Kesler was headed to Columbus, I would think Johansen would be coming back. Thing is, I don't think Columbus would give up that 3 part package with 20-25 roster player, top prospect, and 1st if the roster player is Johansen. But I also do not know all that much about Johansen except that he's having a great season, so maybe he's not as good as I think he is (fill me in if that's the case).

So might the package be in the area of Johansen+2nd+3rd/minor prospect? Thoughts?

I think they'd be comparable honestly for different reasons

Gaborik - Kesler - Horton....

I can see it.

Ohio is just South of Michigan.

I think just about everybody in Vancouver is ready for some BC Born forwards. I'm convinced that players that grow up here have a better understanding of what the people expect - and occasionally; We stumble upon a gem like Mike Santorelli.

Look at it this way, wouldn't you want to play for the team you grew up watching? I don't know about you but it would be an extra bit of motivation to be employed by the team I grew up loving.

I think just about everybody on the board shares the dream of lacing up the skates and playing on the Sedins Wing - or feeding pucks to Kesler, Protecting Roberto Luongo/being Vancouver's goalie.

I think they'd be comparable honestly for different reasons

How so?

And yeah, Johansen being a BC kid would be icing on the cake. However, as Gillis said about Shea Weber, not everyone from BC wants to play there, so we can't exactly assume Johansen would have that extra motivation but it might be different being traded there versus signing there.

JOHANESEN IS NOT GETTING TRADED!!!

OKAY?

Jeesh. this has been discussed multiple times now.

Relaaaaxxxx buddy. "If Gretzky can be traded, anybody can be traded". 2 weeks ago nobody thought Kesler would be traded either.

CKNW@CKNW 40m

According to the Province newspaper, Ryan Kesler will not waive his no trade clause to join the Columbus Blue Jackets

Even if they were moving him, it'd take Kesler++.

Is the Province that reliable? Haha.

Johanson wouldn't be coming back. It could be really counterproductive for columbus to deal him for Kesler. He is their lead offensive player, if you want to go deep, you can't give up your top offensive player like that, instead you have to add to it. I think a more realistic deal would be something revolving around Boone Jenner, who to me, seems like he could be a future Kesler and possibly captain material.

If we are actually going for roster player, top prospect, and a first then we should target, Boone Jenner and Kerby Rychel or something. Helps both teams. Kesler could push the Jackets into being a cup contender while, Canucks add 2 great young players into the system. Rychel is a stud offensive prospect and Jenner is a great leader, defensive player, and I think can grow into a Kesler type player anyway.

Kesler to CBJ is obviously a moot point now, but I would like Boone Jenner and Tim Erixon back.

Kesler & Booth for Jenner, Erixon and Umberger would be a nice trade.

I know Umberger doesn't fit the bill for a re-build but we still get two young pieces in this trade, more of a re-tool.

Simmonds & Schenn for Kesler & Hansen would be a great "re-tool" trade, but only possible if Philly was REALLY high on Kesler. I can definitely see MG wanting Schenn in the deal. Simmonds + Schenn brothers for Kesler and Edler would be a pretty epic trade.

First of all, Johanson is not being traded.

Second of all, even if he was It would be the Canucks adding not the Jackets, Kesler + Horvat ++, even then doubtful they take it.

Johanson is a a 21 year old Above average C.

Do you think Avs would do something like Kesler,Hansen for RoR and Stasny.

Yes I know ROR is just like Kesler but younger and

Stasny>Hansen but they both need new contracts and RoR wants like 7 million and same for Stasny while Kesler and Hansen equal 7 mill combined

Edit: Maybe switch Hansen for Stanton and Avs add another 3rd round pick

Archived