The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Mike Weaver to MTL

I bet the Habs are regretting the Diaz trade haha!

Why? they added some grit to their bottom six. Wiese has been playing regularly since Prust got hurt. Diaz was a spare part in Montreal and weaver is just going to be insurance going into the playoffs

A.) How is that a dumb rumour?

B.) Are you saying Weaver is just as good as Edler and you that there is a limit on depth?

a.) crap source

b.) Edler NOT what Montreal needs

c.) No place for Edler in Montreal's top 4

d.) Not saying Weaver is better, but he is more of what they need. a depth guy with a right handed shot at a low cost.

e.) trading away two young pieces like Eller and Tinordi goes against Bergevins mandate of building the team around thier young core

f) DUMB RUMOUR

a.) crap source

b.) Edler NOT what Montreal needs

c.) No place for Edler in Montreal's top 4

d.) Not saying Weaver is better, but he is more of what they need. a depth guy with a right handed shot at a low cost.

e.) trading away two young pieces like Eller and Tinordi goes against Bergevins mandate of building the team around thier young core

f) DUMB RUMOUR

No place in the top 4 for Edler? I stopped reading there. If you don't think the Habs would automatically consider Edler top 4 your hockey knowledge is will quite frankly on display in that post.

You make it sound like Edler is 35 or something. Certainly isn't 'young'..........<---- that was sarcasm by the way just in case if you didn't catch it.

No place in the top 4 for Edler? I stopped reading there. If you don't think the Habs would automatically consider Edler top 4 your hockey knowledge is will quite frankly on display in that post.

You make it sound like Edler is 35 or something. Certainly isn't 'young'..........<---- that was sarcasm by the way just in case if you didn't catch it.

Assuming you pair a puck moving guy with a defensive guy in each of the top two pairings you have Markov with Emelin and Subban withGorges. Pairing Edler with either Subban or Markov would be really dangerous (given his almost league worst -24) so tell me hockey guru. Where does Edler fit in Montreal's top 4?

Assuming you pair a puck moving guy with a defensive guy in each of the top two pairings you have Markov with Emelin and Subban withGorges. Pairing Edler with either Subban or Markov would be really dangerous (given his almost league worst -24) so tell me hockey guru. Where does Edler fit in Montreal's top 4?

He fits in the pair with Emelin.

I understand where your coming from as a habs fan as well, but MB could very well trade Markov if he can't be resigned and that's why these rumors make sense. I also agree it would be painful to see edler in canadiens uni. He's actually terrible. I also hope that he would go to a team I hate like Boston, or Edmonton. But MB has a lot of interest in him.

Good for Weaver - he's been a solid (albeit undersized) shutdown guy for years - an opportunity to play some playoff games.

Unfortunately moves into the 35+ club when he re-signs - really hate the effect that rule has on hampering their careers, and terms that veterans are able to command.

Archived