The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sears Employee Fired Over Racial Incident Caught On Tape

DonLever

How they managed to record it at the exact same time when he said it is suspicious.

The employee should've known better but the Asian guy was stirring it up too - except the customer isn't 'wrong' when it's the business side of things.

May have been but it seems like that guy was just looking to go off so maybe not. I am not really sure what was going on when it started.

On a side note in the related videos after, "Black Guy Breaks Into a Car," was amusing

Hey, I'm an immigrant to Canada. If someone said "You came off a boat", I'd say "A plane, actually"...but then again, I'm white, so maybe I'm not as easily offended.

It's because the insinuation is that immigrants (that aren't 'white') are smuggled in via boat. They're usually uneducated people.

For you, it wouldn't really apply since it's meant for Asian immigrants (or other immigrants that are of color).

Doesn't matter because "both sides are idiots".

This. Yes, ultimately, an employee is paid to be professional.

However, customers today are total dinkholes compared to 30 years ago. This customer is no different when he egged the employee on by saying he came from Domo. No respect.

This. Yes, ultimately, an employee is paid to be professional.

However, customers today are total dinkholes compared to 30 years ago. This customer is no different when he egged the employee on by saying he came from Domo. No respect.

So what do you expect Sears to do? Ban him from entering a Sears store?

We know that the customer is a 'dinkhole' - the problem is that it's much easier (and much cheaper!) to blame the employee and apologize, whereas blaming the customer and receiving a whole bunch of hate mail and bad publicity. You'll probably have some misguided asians that whine about how they'll never shop at Sears because of this one incident that wasn't at all related to them. Sears can't afford that. Have you seen their decline in Canada (and the US)?

So what do you expect Sears to do? Ban him from entering a Sears store?

We know that the customer is a 'dinkhole' - the problem is that it's much easier (and much cheaper!) to blame the employee and apologize, whereas blaming the customer and receiving a whole bunch of hate mail and bad publicity. You'll probably have some misguided asians that whine about how they'll never shop at Sears because of this one incident that wasn't at all related to them. Sears can't afford that. Have you seen their decline in Canada (and the US)?

Wasn't expecting anything. The employee was 100% in the wrong. Like I said, he's paid to be a professional.

All I added was that consumers as a whole have little to no respect to those that serve them. The customer was acting like a knob.

Wasn't expecting anything. The employee was 100% in the wrong. Like I said, he's paid to be a professional.

All I added was that consumers as a whole have little to no respect to those that serve them. The customer was acting like a knob.

What can you do though?

As an Asian, I actually hoped that the Asian wasn't being a douche first that triggered that racist response from that employee, but he was. I agree with you that the customer is/was a knob and that I do hope that it follows him into work. Once the media stalks his workplace, he'll get promptly fired due to the negative press that his company will be receiving.

I can only hope.

What can you do though?

As an Asian, I actually hoped that the Asian wasn't being a douche first that triggered that racist response from that employee, but he was. I agree with you that the customer is/was a knob and that I do hope that it follows him into work. Once the media stalks his workplace, he'll get promptly fired due to the negative press that his company will be receiving.

I can only hope.

The employee told the customer to 'get your ???? kid off the lawnmower' it was confirmed by the person who filmed the video and some witnesses, I gues that's why he was so mad. That's why the video starts with the customer talking to a manager, then the two exchanged insults and it escalated from there.

Archived