The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the Canucks ok with Lack and Markstrom moving forward?

yes we can nucks

It's the end of the Luongo era. Now we're left with two relatively unproven young goalies with a combined 69 NHL starts. Markstrom comes as a highly acclaimed prospect, though he has proven little in the time he's had in Florida. Lack has been impressive in the string of games he's played for the Canucks. The question is, can he sustain his solid play as the go-to guy over an entire season?

Personally, I'm nervous about the Canucks going forward with two such inexperienced goalies. I think the Canucks are probably looking to flip Markstrom in the near future in a trade package that brings us an experienced backup. Or maybe we'll get the experienced backup through another trade and keep Markstrom in the AHL for more seasoning. We'll probably keep Lack since he's proven himself to some degree with the Canucks, while Markstrom so far is all potential.

They should be. They are obviously trying to rebuild, and Markstrom and Mathias will be two great additions in the next three years. Losing Luongo is tough on the fans and probably the organization; however, it is clear the best of Luongo is pretty much done. Either that or they don't see Luongo staying with them past his contract and wanted to get some prospects, which they did a very good job.

Expect Kesler to be moved late tonight.

Eddie Lack has an advantage that Luongo never had and that is starting his professional career in a hockey crazed market. I believe this will allow him to mentally deal with the pressures better than Luongo could. Next It will be interesting to see how Rollie Melanson shapes Markstrom.

More and more we are seeing these younger goalies taking teams on their backs to the Stanley Cup. I loved Luongo and all that he has done here is definitely appreciated by me, but it's time, he's happier, we have 2-4 great goalie prospects now and anyone of them or maybe even all of them can one day be elite.

Goaltending is NOT something the Canucks need to worry about... scoring on the other hand.... well...

I don't like Markstrom as our backup. Call me crazy but I think we should deal Markstrom and go out and acquire a veteran presence for Lack like Thomas.

If we wanted someone like Thomas (or he wanted us), we would have gotten him back in the Luongo trade. So you're crazy.

Eddie Lack has an advantage that Luongo never had and that is starting his professional career in a hockey crazed market. I believe this will allow him to mentally deal with the pressures better than Luongo could. Next It will be interesting to see how Rollie Melanson shapes Markstrom.

More and more we are seeing these younger goalies taking teams on their backs to the Stanley Cup. I loved Luongo and all that he has done here is definitely appreciated by me, but it's time, he's happier, we have 2-4 great goalie prospects now and anyone of them or maybe even all of them can one day be elite.

Goaltending is NOT something the Canucks need to worry about... scoring on the other hand.... well...

I Aladeen with this post.

It's the end of the Luongo era. Now we're left with two relatively unproven young goalies with a combined 69 NHL starts. Markstrom comes as a highly acclaimed prospect, though he has proven little in the time he's had in Florida. Lack has been impressive in the string of games he's played for the Canucks. The question is, can he sustain his solid play as the go-to guy over an entire season?

Personally, I'm nervous about the Canucks going forward with two such inexperienced goalies. I think the Canucks are probably looking to flip Markstrom in the near future in a trade package that brings us an experienced backup. Or maybe we'll get the experienced backup through another trade and keep Markstrom in the AHL for more seasoning. We'll probably keep Lack since he's proven himself to some degree with the Canucks, while Markstrom so far is all potential.

First off lets point out the day isn't over. Van could pick up a vet goalie. Why all this worry, it baffles me to worry about anything.

2 young and talented studs will want to play and push each other to bring it each and every night. Alladeen has it right goal tending is not one our problems. These guys have been great friends for many years and will be fine to pump each others tires, the future looks bright in the crease. Rollie will shape markstrom into a beast

we got 99 problems but goal tending aint one

If we wanted someone like Thomas (or he wanted us), we would have gotten him back in the Luongo trade. So you're crazy.

Maybe I should have been more specific but I don't actually want Thomas. Just a true veteran presence. He was just the first guy I could think of off the top of my head. A Lack - Markstrom duo seems very unstable to me.

First of all Markstrom I'm sure will be known to Rolly Molanson and his opinion counts more so than any of the esteemed poster ( including myself) so you have to have faith basically. Lack every one has seen and from my perspective he looks pretty good. Are we worse at the goal tending position than we are at the skating position, heck Lack give up one goal against Phx and the team still lost

Archived