The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the Canucks ok with Lack and Markstrom moving forward?

yes we can nucks

i have confidence in Lack... but there is a real danger with whats going on with the Canucks now... Players need to be confident, mind set is a huge part of the game. If the Canucks finish off the season like this.. getting lit up 6-1.. you really have to worry about the mental state of our young goaltenders.

As has been proven by the Dallas game, the Canucks do not have a starter who can play a full slate of games.

Neither Lack nor Markstrom are ready for a starters job.

Once again, Gillis has backed the team into a corner. He should have made sure he got a proven starter goalie as part of the Luongo trade instead of an unproven backup.

I would not be surprised to see Gillis have to trade for a starter in the summer.

I am really concerned that Lack will lose the confidence and optimism he built up by being under Luongo's wing.

I think Lack and Markstrom will be just fine!

We just need to keep them away from the rest of the team for the duration of this season!

Okay, I've done the hard thinking reasoning this part out, someone else figure out how to accomplish keeping them away from the rest of the team till this season wraps. No hurry, anytime before the next game would be really wonderful!

i have confidence in Lack... but there is a real danger with whats going on with the Canucks now... Players need to be confident, mind set is a huge part of the game. If the Canucks finish off the season like this.. getting lit up 6-1.. you really have to worry about the mental state of our young goaltenders.

More often than not we have been losing 1-0 or 2-1 I wouldn't panic and think it's blowouts from here on out. On the other hand it's basically official that we won't make the playoffs so from here on out I won't be bothered by losses. I don't even care about the score, I just want out players to give a crap and work hard. Haven't seen that too many times since 2014 hit.

I hear they might be willing to take an AHL goalie and a 3rd line centre.

The 24 year old (younger than when Schnieder and Lack made the nhl) AHL goalie of the month isn't your average AHL goalie in fact he outperformed bishop, Schneider and lack in the AHL.

That 3rd line center looked like our first line center tonight. If Goc garnered a 3rd+5th as a UFA rental then I would say Matthias' value would be a 2nd and 3rd. Not a bad haul for a goalie who didn't want to be here, was outplayed by a rookie who made 5 time less and had an untradable contract.

Goaltending isn't our problem, it's scoring goals. Now we have 3.5 million extra to spend on scoring this summer. Cap space is a commodity in the nhl these days.

That 3rd line center looked like our first line center tonight

True. He was -2 and scoreless.

If Goc garnered a 3rd+5th as a UFA rental then I would say Matthias' value would be a 2nd and 3rd. Not a bad haul for a goalie who didn't want to be here, was outplayed by a rookie who made 5 time less and had an untradable contract.

Didn't you savage Luongo for getting blown out in the SCF? Gosh. 17/23 is what, a .700 save percentage?

Goaltending isn't our problem, it's scoring goals.

We would have had to score 7 goals here just to win this game. That's impossible.

Now we have 3.5 million extra to spend on scoring this summer. Cap space is a commodity in the nhl these days.

Well, it's a good thing we can spend it on a vet goalie then.

Archived