The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Markstrom | #25 | G

Honeydew

I'm surprised no one has started a thread yet,

Traded from Frorida to Vancouver for Luongo. Originally drafted 31st overall in the 2008 draft.

Jacob Markstrom - Goaltender

qplzev.jpg

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 196lb / 89kg

Catches Left

Talent Analysis

Markstrom is a tall, fluid goaltender with tremendous technique and composure who stays relaxed and cool under pressure. Markstrom plays a butterfly style with a good glove and has fine positioning and agility in net. His long legs can sometimes pose a problem by creating gaps as he drops to the butterfly, but experience will help him improve in that area. Markstrom rebounded last season from past knee injuries to prove his durability.

GP W L T MIN GA SO GAA SV%

2012–13 San Antonio Rampage AHL 33 16 15 2 1972 87 3 2.65 .920

2012–13 Florida Panthers NHL 23 8 14 1 1266 68 0 3.22 .901

2013–14 Florida Panthers NHL 12 1 6 3 614 36 0 3.52 .874

2013–14 San Antonio Rampage AHL 29 12 11 3 1688 72 2 2.56 .918

2013–14 San Antonio Rampage AHL 29 12 11 3 1688 72 2 2.56 .918

Edited by Honeydew

His confidence probably went down with the lack of support and help from the poor defensive system they had in Florida. My confidence would go down if I was blasted 40+ shots every night without decent help.

Edited by Honeydew

Solid top prospect. Was considered best goalie outside the NHL a few years ago. Huge frame at 6'6" and altogether, our Swedish tandem covers up 12 feet 11 inches....that's some big bodies!

Anyways, seems he's getting over his knee injuries/surgeries and it's effects are in the past. Just was recently named AHL goalie/player of the month and put up some excellent stats. Markstrom 24, Lack 26. Brilliant goalie future. Most teams have young goalies nowadays (Bishop in Tampa etc) and it's working so hopefully the trend continues here :)

• Upvote 2

Solid top prospect. Was considered best goalie outside the NHL a few years ago. Huge frame at 6'6" and altogether, our Swedish tandem covers up 12 feet 11 inches....that's some big bodies!

Anyways, seems he's getting over his knee injuries/surgeries and it's effects are in the past. Just was recently named AHL goalie/player of the month and put up some excellent stats. Markstrom 24, Lack 26. Brilliant goalie future. Most teams have young goalies nowadays (Bishop in Tampa etc) and it's working so hopefully the trend continues here :)

Dont forget

Joacim Eriksson

Quietly having a good year and player of the week in the AHL once this season.

Like a breath of fresh air .. a positive thread! .. I believe his knee injuries delayed his growth a lot more than Tallon figured it would, he is at least 2 years from being "The Starter" and they need to start winning now .. I believe this trade will be viewed as a good move in about three years .. for me, I think it is good already. ('I never met a Swede I didn't at least respect')

Marky Mark and The stork will be the best goaltending duo in the NHL in two years.

One of them will be a goalie for Sweden one day! Yeww!

Very stoked to have some more youth in the club. Stoked to see what a motivated Matthias can do :)

• Upvote 1