Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Markstrom | #25 | G


Honeydew

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

it would be nice to see a bit of team loyalty here from Marky given how the team kept with him over the last few years. 

Still not sure why people expect him to sign at a discount for likely one year, with no control over his eventual destination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Still not sure why people expect him to sign at a discount for likely one year, with no control over his eventual destination.

I don't think a 1 year deal is reasonable, but given how he has been given the opportunity to develop here you'd think that would be worth something. 

 

I'm not in the camp that losing him is a total disaster though, if he walks he walks. Other doors open. 

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

I don't think a 1 year deal is reasonable, but given how he has been given the opportunity to develop here you'd think that would be worth something. 

 

I'm not in the camp that losing him is a total disaster though, if he walks he walks. Other doors open. 

Oh it won't be a one year deal. But if he signs here, he's likely gone to Seattle or traded in short order (or we're moving Demko which IMO is a non starter). So why the hell does he sign for that? Neither he or his agent are morons lol yet like half the fanbase is holding out hope lol.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Robert Long said:

I don't think a 1 year deal is reasonable, but given how he has been given the opportunity to develop here you'd think that would be worth something. 

 

I'm not in the camp that losing him is a total disaster though, if he walks he walks. Other doors open. 

but asset management!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Oh it won't be a one year deal. But if he signs here, he's likely gone to Seattle or traded in short order (or we're moving Demko which IMO is a non starter). So why the hell does he sign for that? Neither he or his agent are morons lol yet like half the fanbase is holding out hope lol.

If he gets a decent contract then Seattle isn't that bad. Vegas was an instant contender and Seattle has the same expansion draft rules.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

Still not sure why people expect him to sign at a discount for likely one year, with no control over his eventual destination.

I don't think that's what the Canucks are offering. Doesn't matter what fans want. Seems like the Canucks gave their best offer and Marky may test free agency. Which would kinda suck given what the franchise did to turn his career around, but at the same time I believe in Demko so it won't be a huge loss if he leaves. The thing that scares me is Edmonton is rumored to be heavily interested. Him leaving only hurts if he leaves for a divisional rival. Edmonton with an actual goalie AND McJesus and Draisaitl. Gonna be a tough team to beat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I don't think that's what the Canucks are offering. Doesn't matter what fans want. Seems like the Canucks gave their best offer and Marky may test free agency. Which would kinda suck given what the franchise did to turn his career around, but at the same time I believe in Demko so it won't be a huge loss if he leaves. The thing that scares me is Edmonton is rumored to be heavily interested. Him leaving only hurts if he leaves for a divisional rival. Edmonton with an actual goalie AND McJesus and Draisaitl. Gonna be a tough team to beat.

I'm sure they're offering him a 3 or 4 year deal with no ED protection. AKA: gone in a year.

 

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Let’s be sure to thank Eriksson if we lose Markstrom.

Eriksson has very little to do with Markstrom not re-signing. You can thank Demko and the ED for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...