The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Player accountability

canuktravella

Soo we have all this core thats been signed juicy longterm contracts with no trade clauses

There was a wuote by edler that he wouldnt waive his no trade clause i think its time this team regardless of contracts and ntcs sits a few players or cuts their minutes

Burrows is getting paid 4.5 a yr no goals in 30gamed

Hendrik none since december

Booth none in 22

Edler has done nothing this yr offensve wise

Sit some of these players with no heart til they try a lil harder. Or request trades outa here Kesler might be a bit bitchy and want out but hes got more heart than 90 percent of this team.

Soo we have all this core thats been signed juicy longterm contracts with no trade clauses

There was a wuote by edler that he wouldnt waive his no trade clause i think its time this team regardless of contracts and ntcs sits a few players or cuts their minutes

Burrows is getting paid 4.5 a yr no goals in 30gamed

Hendrik none since december

Booth none in 22

Edler has done nothing this yr offensve wise

Sit some of these players with no heart til they try a lil harder. Or request trades outa here Kesler might be a bit bitchy and want out but hes got more heart than 90 percent of this team.

Actually, I'd rather allow (especially Burrows) to play through it. I'm convinced part of his issue is timing and getting back into game form and sitting won't really help. You can't really "discipline" guys in scoring droughts...they want that to end as badly as we do. You can't "buy" goals or punish them into scoring.

But yeah, if the effort isn't there then they shouldn't be rewarded with ice time...play some of the others who are giving their all. If it's just based on "you're not scoring" then no. If they're working hard and doing other things, then have patience.

Fair enough i agree on burrows hopefully he gets a luck bounce its just frustrating I think mattias will help solidify the 3rd line Should help increase the scoring a bit. I also hope they call up jensen just to see if he can be a spark plug on offense Im really diissapointed in schroeder this yr tho not much help put there

This team has no future with the Sedin Twins as its first line. or second line. Daniel is finished, looking like a buyout candidate.

Edler doesnt want to waive ? swedish meatball has one of the worst plus minus in the league, that means you waive clown, same to Sedins, you boys are garbage this year and why this club will miss the playoffs, the fact that you play with little emotion while sharing a bench with guys like Ryan Kesler who put the hammer down, its a joke, you guys are also losing your NTC's by breech of contract. Paid to produce and all were hearing is the same lame excuses after every loss.

This club has no future with the Sedins leading the way.

Trade them and make Kesler the Captain or Bieksa.

This team has no future with the Sedin Twins as its first line. or second line. Daniel is finished, looking like a buyout candidate.

Edler doesnt want to waive ? swedish meatball has one of the worst plus minus in the league, that means you waive clown, same to Sedins, you boys are garbage this year and why this club will miss the playoffs, the fact that you play with little emotion while sharing a bench with guys like Ryan Kesler who put the hammer down, its a joke, you guys are also losing your NTC's by breech of contract. Paid to produce and all were hearing is the same lame excuses after every loss.

I enjoy a good rant, but I disagree with slamming the Sedins after one shaky inury plagued season. Edler has been poop for 2-3 years now, so I think he needs reduced minutes. He has a mans body plays a boys game. Let him play offensively inclined minutes. Keep him off the ice defensively.

\I agree. Hank though the played a good game against Phoenix. 6 shots in 40 minutes and the only reason they weren't blown out was Lack. Kesler on the other hand, was visibly upset and while he said the effort simply wasn't good enough, he was calm and well spoken. Same today after the trade fiasco, he was calm and eloquent. He has matured since Hank was chosen captain and displays far more qualities of a captain than Hank does.

Hank's problems go far beyond not scoring, he has no speed, moves, physical play and plays like he is just going through the motions. He gets knocked off the puck constantly and looks like a boy amongst men out there. This is the leadership MG speaks of? No need to talk Danny...he's even worse.

Hank should do the honourable thing and pass the baton to Kes. Bieksa and Higgins can wear the A. Guys who show up and stand up for themselves.

If not this, the Sedins should retire to Modo and free up space to help the team rebuild faster.

I enjoy a good rant, but I disagree with slamming the Sedins after one shaky inury plagued season. Edler has been poop for 2-3 years now, so I think he needs reduced minutes. He has a mans body plays a boys game. Let him play offensively inclined minutes. Keep him off the ice defensively.

The Sedins have been in a steady decline for 4 years. This year it has turned into a free-fall.

If they stay, they should at least step back from their leadership roles and let others change the climate that reflects their lackluster play and light a fire under the young guys coming in and hold the vets accountable. Hank and Danny no longer even know what playing well looks/feels like. It's embarrassing to watch them flounder in a league they no longer look qualified to play in.

Gotta love exaggeration for effect. I don't claim to be a math whiz but 2014(this year) - 2011(the year a Sedin won the Art Ross) = ???

Point taken though I could argue their decline started in the SCF in 2011,,,but I won't ::D

Still...my point was, this isn't a scoring slump as was said, this is a steady decline in performance that is accelerating downwards.

Archived