The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why do you guys want Gillis fired?

Merely

let raffi walk no return, he destroyed everyone with a offensive upside

let erhoff walk no return, best pmd we had indirectly skyrocketed our PP, made plays from his d zone years later our pp drops drastically

Our PP dropped when Salo left not when Ehrhoff left. Only other relevant piece in your post about raffi walking when he probably would have been suspended daily on these team if he stayed.

Too many impulse fans.

One day canucks fans want gillis to make a trade and get a top 6 scorer

The next day they want a fuller prospect pool

Only problem is those statement contradict each other. In order to get that top 6 score you have to trade youth. On the flip side in order to build are prospect pool we have to maintain with the current core that we have now.

Bottom line with Gillis this year:

Either he hired the wrong man for the job, Torts.

Or He hired the guy he wanted, and didn't change the team to fit the coach.

Bottom line is he screwed up huge and if he and Torts fates are tied together.

Stocked the lineup full of third and fourth liners.

Could never find wingers for Kes on the second line.

Could never actually solidify even our third and fourth lines.

Misread the direction the league was going with respect to style of play.

Mismanaged assets.

Poor trading.

Poor drafting.

Created goalie controversy.

Did not address the size/toughness/grit issue after the SCF when everyone could see that's what the team needed desperately.

Signing older players to longer term contracts.

Could not see the 2 1/2 year trend of core players deteriorating so only made changes to the fringes of the lineup.

Hired the wrong coach for this team.

Swept in the first round two years straight and missing the playoffs this year.

I'm sure I'm missing a few more.

He has far from destroyed the team with his trades.

His main issue is he is thinking retroactively instead of proactively and flopping everywhere in his plans.

We lost to Boston and instead of getting faster and more skilled he attempted to get bigger and meaner and failed in both aspects.

We lost to LA and instead of getting larger and more skilled he then went to get smaller faster and more skilled and we got bounced to San Jose.

If I want him fired it is because he cannot maintain any kind of consistent plan. He also cannot act decisively.

He is far from a bad GM. He is middle of the pack. if he stuck to a plan and went with it and stopped handing out NTC's or was GM enough to ask them to waive them. He wouldn't seem so bad.

2011 Canucks lose to bruin everyone says canucks got pushed around.

Gillis picks up Booth and Kassian in attempt to get bigger

2012 Canucks win presidents trophy, they lose their top goal scorer going into playoffs and get steam rolled like every other team that year. Blame Gillis

2013 People say canucks need a play making center to set up Kesler (improve our secondary scoring).

Gillis picks up Roy. Canucks get completely owned by the sharks after being short handed the entire series. Blame Gillis

2014 three of the teams top 4 go on slumps combining with 19 goals this season. After putting up a pace of 60+ goals in each of the 4 season prior. People get mad for there resigning, acting like they would have been ok letting them all walk. Just remember one thing everyone wanting Gillis fired, If the Twins and Burrows scored this year at a normal pace this team would be sitting in a playoff spot and no one would be crying for Gillis to be fired.... Blame Gillis.

The only thing Gillis has made a big mistake on was hiring Torts who tried to get two soft swedes to play a North American style game.

I don't know what people expect if you like a radical Gm that make moves just to constantly change the face of the franchise go cheer for the Flyers.

People praise Burke, that guy hasn't had a team in the playoffs in 5 years.

Someones GF breaks up with them......blame Gillis

If the Aquilini's use their brains and realize they need reset the entire organization from top to bottom, who would CDC nation want to see as the new GM?

There are a few extrememly qualified canidates out there but who would you want ideally?

I mean he's making the right trades, we traded Schnieder, and we got Horvat, a good strong ceter prospect we were missing.

Other than that I do not question any other trade he made.

He is heading to the right direction, getting younger, we did not get what we wanted for Kesler so we did not do it.

What do you guys want him to do? Bring in Jagr, Vanek and push for a playoff run?

Get the season over with and start a rebuild, just like Toronto did, Florida is doing, and who knows what Edmonton is doing.

Look at the Avalanche.

And the Sedin signings, who the hell saw that coming? They were playing great before the signing.

The only thing I am pissed about is the damn NTC, other than that I would have no one else as a GM.

Someone is judging you

ford_nov7.jpg

2011 Canucks lose to bruin everyone says canucks got pushed around.

Gillis picks up Booth and Kassian in attempt to get bigger

2012 Canucks win presidents trophy, they lose their top goal scorer going into playoffs and get steam rolled like every other team that year. Blame Gillis

2013 People say canucks need a play making center to set up Kesler (improve our secondary scoring).

Gillis picks up Roy. Canucks get completely owned by the sharks after being short handed the entire series. Blame Gillis

2014 three of the teams top 4 go on slumps combining with 19 goals this season. After putting up a pace of 60+ goals in each of the 4 season prior. People get made for there resigning, acting like they would have been ok letting them all walk. Just remember one thing everyone wanting Gillis fired, If the Twins and Burrows scored this year at a normal pace this team would be sitting in a playoff spot and no one would be crying for Gillis to be fire.... Blame Gillis.

The only thing Gillis has made a big mistake on was hiring Torts who tried to get two soft swedes to play a North American style game.

I don't know what people expect if you like a radical Gm that make moves just to constantly change the face of the franchise go cheer for the Flyers.

People praise Burke, that guy hasn't had a team in the playoffs in 5 years.

Someones GF breaks up with them......blame Gillis

You are right.

I would say the only really big mistake he made since the finals (not in hindsight) was letting Ehrhoff walk. We could have let go of Ballard and squeezed Ehrhoff in.

How is it Gillis' fault that the Sedins and Burrows can't score at all this season? Three proven, consistent players, who have played well together for several years.

Torts was a huge mistake. However, I feel he was Aquaman's choice.

Archived