The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's first game back is a shutout!

he's from montreal ..... and he could have gone to a contender .. the great ones relish the pressure and need to win ..... he's just collecting a pay check now

the great ones dont usually have crazy and uneducated fans stalking them. They also usually dont get the type of treatments from management the way Lu did.. The ones that did, such as Patrick Roy, would leave the crazy market because those so call pressure could make your life miserable.

when you are in a city where they think it's a given to make the playoff and shut out every game in the playoff, you can't really focus on your game as well as you could with out those pressure. I mean ffs how many ppl in vancouver still think it's Lu's fault that we didn't win the cup when he had 2 shutouts in that series?

Seems the flood-gates are opening(3rd period too)...

I'm guessing you're not actually watching the game if you haven't seen him making great save after great save. Even their own commentators are saying how the team is hanging him out to dry and you can only depend on your goalie to bail you out so much.

I'm guessing you're not actually watching the game if you haven't seen him making great save after great save. Even their own commentators are saying how the team is hanging him out to dry and you can only depend on your goalie to bail you out so much.

You guessed right. I had the last 10 mins on NHL radio(Mon morn, here in Asia). Not wishing bad luck on RL-but I think he should put away mass-comm, & focus on his job. he's a lucky bloke-show his awareness of this simple fact.

Also..Yes I'm a dinosaur that wouldn't complain if we were all stuck in the '70s!

A shutout in one game and a blowout to boston in the next one. Anyone else having uncomfortable flashbacks?

Of a goalie playing well but being let down by his team? Yep, serious flashbacks. I'm guessing Luo was too. :(

Luo made 37 saves on 41 shots in that game.

I did watch the game, typical Luongo, big saves and brutal soft goals... Nothing to see here folks, move along.

... what game were you watching? you must have some goooffffyyy magic mushrooms. Lui was the panthers best player. Lots of big saves.

Also first goal... he had it except his hand got kicked. Brutal call.

Luongo was amazing.

Now that we established you are a sad luongo hater why don't you go post about something else.

Luongo was good as a canuck. He had good games, and bad, but when it really counted(stanley cup) he just fell apart, and hasn't been the same goalie since. Typical luongo fashion. Shutout one night, let's in a bunch the next. Well that flordias problem now. Good luck in flordia lu, just remember the canucks made u look good.

... what game were you watching? you must have some goooffffyyy magic mushrooms. Lui was the panthers best player. Lots of big saves.

Also first goal... he had it except his hand got kicked. Brutal call.

Luongo was amazing.

Now that we established you are a sad luongo hater why don't you go post about something else.

you know what ? I though he was ok ... but more importantly , do you have any of those mushrooms the other guy was taking ?

you know what ? I though he was ok ... but more importantly , do you have any of those mushrooms the other guy was taking ?

I wish! He shoulda saved the 3rd goal but that being said he saved a lot that he had no business saving.

Archived