The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's first game back is a shutout!

Not sure what's up with all of the trash talk. First, if you don't like Luo, congrats. He's gone. Why keep wasting time hating on the guy? It just seems petty.

Second, always remember when trash talking one player your words come back to the players you do like. So, why hate on Luo for getting a shutout in one game and then allowing 4 on 41 shots (while facing the 3rd best team in the league with the 28th best team in front him!) in the next when our goalie allowed 1 on 32 shots in one game and then 5 on 17 shots in the next? (BTW, Luo hasn't allowed more than 4 goals in any game this year.) Did you think Lack played badly against Ottawa? Because he's SV% was lower in that game (.889) than Luo's was in today's game (.902).

Team play matters a lot. That's why Lack's SV% for March is .899. Just as the Canucks let Lack down in the Dallas game and caused most of those goals, Florida fell apart in the second half of today's game and caused those. (Plus that first one probably shouldn't have even counted due to the stick to his skate, then swat at his blocker.) So what's with the baseless (and pointless) hate?

I just don't get following a guy just to continue hating on him...

Your a clown. In 8 seasons of play with the Canucks you manage to find 5 photos. You seem content to bash Luongo even though he did so much for the Canucks in his time here. In the eight seasons he has had with us, there are maybe 2 seasons in which he didn't have to be the best player and the players showed in the finals that if Luongo doesn't get a shutout every game, they will not win. 8 goals in 7 games, SMH. I'm not even a Luongo fanboy, I knew he had to go but unlike you I'm not ignoring that he is the best goalie the Canucks ever had and probably have for a long time. I bet your just a Cory nutthugger.

How'd you get out of your crib all by yourself?

... what game were you watching? you must have some goooffffyyy magic mushrooms. Lui was the panthers best player. Lots of big saves.

Also first goal... he had it except his hand got kicked. Brutal call.

Luongo was amazing.

Now that we established you are a sad luongo hater why don't you go post about something else.

It's you who is sad. Refusing to see how porous and shaky Luongo is. He saw the B on the sweater and became a sieve. Tried to work the refs. He's a has been, apollo.

I'd love to see him twitter on the ice during a tv timeout!

maybe they will bench him like they did in van .. I really wonder about this guy .. a polarizing figure .. he's up against phoenix next .. will be a tough match up but well see if he actually gives florida the edge .. Im pulling for him to get another goose egg .. goose fraaaabaaaaaaaa

Lets just dedicate this thread to Lu to talk about every game he plays in FLA cause he will be all star goalie there (we all know it).

Funny. Didn't read any tweets from Lack regarding Luongo's 2nd game as a Panther. 4 goals against, and as many posts preventing an embarrassing blowout....

Glad Eddie wouldn't stoop during a Panthers loss.

Lu is chilling doing his thing and making spectacular saves. All the Lu haters, have fun with him not here...you honestly didn't deserve him anyways

You're right, we deserved a goalie that wasn't a sieve against Boston in Boston, and had the mental fortitude to not fold against the Blackhawks for 2 (nearly 3) playoffs in a row.

We didn't deserve a goalie that had to be made the captain to stroke his ego, to prove even more that he was an 'elite goalie'. Everybody already knew he was elite, no need to be captain.

Martin Brodeur is the best goalie ever and doesn't need to pull that crap to be a leader. No, he just goes out and wins Cups and individual awards.

It's you who is sad. Refusing to see how porous and shaky Luongo is. He saw the B on the sweater and became a sieve. Tried to work the refs. He's a has been, apollo.

I watched the full game. He was great.

Not the highlights. The full game from start to finish.

maybe they will bench him like they did in van .. I really wonder about this guy .. a polarizing figure .. he's up against phoenix next .. will be a tough match up but well see if he actually gives florida the edge .. Im pulling for him to get another goose egg .. goose fraaaabaaaaaaaa

his team out worked phoenix , Lu was the second best goalie on the ice..

Ironically, both Lack and Schneider faced 21 shots and allowed 4 goals tonight. Luo faced 31 and allowed 3. Just goes to show 3+ goals in a game doesn't mean the goalie sucks. Higher GA games happen and a team has to be able to deal with them to win.

You're right, we deserved a goalie that wasn't a sieve against Boston in Boston, and had the mental fortitude to not fold against the Blackhawks for 2 (nearly 3) playoffs in a row.

We didn't deserve a goalie that had to be made the captain to stroke his ego, to prove even more that he was an 'elite goalie'. Everybody already knew he was elite, no need to be captain.

Martin Brodeur is the best goalie ever and doesn't need to pull that crap to be a leader. No, he just goes out and wins Cups and individual awards.

When you say we are you talking about the fan base that lot their city on fire?

Oh let me guess they weren't canuck fans.

We got we deserved

When you say we are you talking about the fan base that lot their city on fire?

Oh let me guess they weren't canuck fans.

We got we deserved

just because some of those trailer trash rooted for the same team we did , doesn't make them one of US .......

that is not the FAN BASE

that was a small number of insecure and unhappy people who wanted to create a little anarchy .. win or lose their actions would be the same . every community has those blood bags that we call humans ... THEY are A holes and in the end, they will get what they deserve ..

WE DIDNT DESERVE CRAP .. we were just fans who's side lost ..

"I actually feel bad. They need points more than us. But we're competing out there. I gave it my all, and so is he. Happy to get the win, for sure, but it's too bad for him."

— Panthers goaltender Roberto Luongo on their win over the Devils on Friday

Saw this on nhl.com. Further shows that Lu is one of the classiest guys in the league. Even on a team that's going nowhere this season, good on him for having a positive attitude.

Archived