The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So, which coach do you think would magically make this team better?

Canuck or Die

Apparently some of you geniuses are watching a different hockey team. This core is rotten. AV had trouble getting this team going, and now Torts is too. Though, apparently it is all the coach's fault and there is some coach out there that would make this team magically better. Face it people, this core is done and needs and overhaul. This core was going stale ever since the finals. This is the culmination of that.

Roger Neilson and his white towel.......but in all seriousness stick with Torts and somehow convince some of our core to waive NTC/NMC trade them for picks prospect etc and bring in more of our young guys next season and start the rebuild. New coach "Torts", new gm and newish core for next year

i agree with op,

i say punt the core and build a tough tortorella team,

how many more coaches we going to fire becuase the Sedins cant score ?

The First Line is the Problem, Our only TOP 6 Forward is Ryan Kesler.

Mike Gillis gave the team a bandaid when it needed a heart transplant.

Teams virtually NEVER build a team just for a coach. A coach is far more expendable than 20+ guys (some with NTC's). It's not a coincidence that our ENTIRE team is collectively having the worst offensive production in franchise history.

Pat Quinn!

its funny you say that .. not that quinn should be coach but if aquilini hired this guy the same capacity as scotty bowman , the rest of the gms might actual pick up the phone .. this is a well respected man .. I'm guessing aqua man isn't smart enough to get that

Tortorella has had some positives, and obviously to go with them, some less than ideal decisions.

You can pretend that it's a simple as dumping your rant on the core, but that offers as little as simply scapegoating Tortorella. Btw, just to keep it real as you appear to be claiming to - the team and core, injuries etc or not, never performed like this for any extended period under AV, so while in part I appreciate your attempt to be an apologist for Tortorella, at the same time, after all the crap AV took on these boards, it's only fair to keep it real.

Tortorella suspension, endless injuries, goalie drama, compact Olympic schedule and exhaustion, terrible puck luck, etc. The answer is neither simply a 'rotting core' or bad coaching.

But to answer your question, my coach of choice among the guys available last summer - to keep this in a realistic context - would have been Dave Tippett.

He re-signed in Phoenix. The Canucks signed Tortorella after that - a decision that is hard to argue with in the context.

Is Tortorella without blame for this season? Of course not. Is he solely to blame? Of course not.

Teams virtually NEVER build a team just for a coach. A coach is far more expendable than 20+ guys (some with NTC's). It's not a coincidence that our ENTIRE team is collectively having the worst offensive production in franchise history.

Worst production in history that started with AV in gm 1 of the 2011 SCF and continued to today, now it's a new coach, same gm using band aids same players,just older and more prone to injury and a now much tougher division with teams who have a proactive gm. Definition of insanity, doing same thing over and over and expecting the same result, gmmg uses same band aid method with the same core that is using the same tactics after ever team in the league has figured them out.

Roger Neilson and his white towel.......

lol...

a bit off topic, but I think we the only team that has a statue waving a white towel and showing off the loser mentality outside of the arena, I understand it was memorable moment of the canucks history, but really..is it neccessary to have a guy surrendering proudly outside of the arena?!

Archived