The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Heroes (100th game special) - GAME OVER, HEROES WIN

Master Radishes

-Favourite game - Even though it had multiple mafia teams which I normally don't like and we lost, had to be the triads one, was it Zodiac?

-Best SK performance Dunno, only been around for mine and BDM's, so I'll say Otis :)
-Worst mistake made - Lol this one is made for me. Has to be when I joined and didn't read through the thread, then I msg'ed Toews freaking about what I was supposed to do as the sheriff, then I went on to trust him for my entire life in that game and told all the TP's that he was clean. lulz.
-Best newcomer - CL is pretty underrated imo, can't remember who else is new.

I've been avoiding nominating old players because I feel the level of competition wasn't as strong, so it's tough to judge. I'd love to see how well the titans of years past (Venom, TJ, and Baldy) would do nowadays.

Nowhere near as well as they think they would. I agree, the level of competition just isn't comparable. Baldy gained his reputation for basically being the first player tricky enough to pull off a successful deception. Nowadays what he did is commonplace. They were good players no doubt, but they would just be three of many good players now.

It's sort of like comparing the NHL of the 70s or 80s to today.

Best player overall: MR
Best Mafia player: MR
Best TP player: VIC
Most entertaining player: Aladeen
Trickiest player: Toews
Best ally: VIC
Most entertaining drunk: CA

Favourite game: The Establishment
Best SK performance: OTTS

Worst mistake made: Kesler giving Kumar the mafia list
Best newcomer: Dral

-Favourite game: the one that culminated in AT convincing Peaches to lynch Apples

Favourite game: The Establishment

Same one. That was also our first mega-game. Games before that were lucky to get to 20 pages. That one got to 35 (of game play) and has been the benchmark ever since.

The pages and pages of arguing in the last round were epic. Watching Apples and Drouin/Lemons slowly figure out they were being played by JE and AT, only to see the rest of the Mafia stuff the ballot box in the dying minutes to ensure a victory...very fun to observe.

Same one. That was also our first mega-game. Games before that were lucky to get to 20 pages. That one got to 35 (of game play) and has been the benchmark ever since.

The pages and pages of arguing in the last round were epic. Watching Apples and Drouin/Lemons slowly figure out they were being played by JE and AT, only to see the rest of the Mafia stuff the ballot box in the dying minutes to ensure a victory...very fun to observe.

Can someone link this? Was I in it

Thanks MR for hosting another great game!

From just the games I've played

Best player overall: VIC
Best Mafia player: Don't know. Mafia have never won in games I've played. Could be Luciferase from Zodiac when she got into the TP alliance, investigated my role(sheriff), and got me killed. But VIC is the least suspicious mafia.
Best TP player: Intoewsables
Most entertaining player: Aladeen, D.Doughty for how he reacted when we sacrificed him.
Trickiest player: Master Radishes(There was a Cult!!!???)
Best ally: King Heffy(teammate 3 times), BurrDaMan
Most entertaining drunk: Dral

-Favourite game: Zodiac. It was just too good
-Best SK performance: Aladeen as a werewolf, if that counts
-Worst mistake made: Me and my mafia team letting Aladeen live when we knew he was SK
-Best newcomer: Do I count? :) I don't know any other new players.

Establishment was basically the game that kicked off this golden age of Mafia. It showed just how fun the game can be to a lot of newer (at the time) players (AT, Peaches, GFY, King Heffy, et al) and basically created a whole new generation of Mafia regulars to replace the disappearing old guard.

Probably the most influential game of all time other than the very first one. HM to Vinculis Genere (the infamous game) and Zodiac (huge game, plus it started the recent trend of big twists).

My two favourite games were both when I faked being the sheriff. The Establishment game and that other game when all my mafia teammates died and I faked the sheriff (sorry PPCLI).

I think The Establishment was the only time I attempted to pull a tricky move by faking to be the Sheriff. Worked wonders for you to come in and swoop that role away from me when I was comprised. Your push for Shiznak to die as well was gold.

Archived