The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Beneficial to tank next season?

asian player

1. Are you actually serious? The Hawks and the Canucks aren't even in the same division. Confrence? ok, but we play them twice a year while we play Anaheim 5 or 6 and no one seemed to have a problem trading Kes to Anaheim at the deadline as long as we got a good deal. We need to take the best offer available and the Pens and the Ducks are delusional with the offers they offered at the deadline.

2. Again, are you joking me? The Bruin's aren't even in the same conference and because we lost in the finals to them 3 YEARS ago we cant't make a trade with them?

3. So you know Ken Holland personally I assume? The Wings want a top 4 D man hence why they went after Edler. And this trade would happen in the off season where they have 3.7m cap space now and have guys like Alfredsson, Cleary, Quincey, Legwand etc coming off the books.

Again quit posting and making yourself look like an idiot.

I REALLY hope you get banned

Figures you'd have no logical reason to tell my proposal was "lame" and unrealistic, yet you still chirp it.

ive partially told you why its unrealistic. mostly just the garrison trade because m too lazy to tell you why the other 2 wont work. you dont have to agree. but I bet you my bottom dollar NONE of what you posted will happen. so I guess that makes me right. im done btw. you can choose one of the 30 other members that agree that your proposal sucked to argue with.

I think it's only a matter of time before GM's start anonymously admitting that tanking is a strategy. The NBA has had 1 GM say it anonymously and NBA executives have now come out and said tanking is a legit strategy that benefits teams more than fluttering in the middle of the pack. It's now being discussed as to if the draft criteria will be changed in the NBA because they realize it is a legit benefit.

In other words gutting the vets for as much as you can get and drafting well with a terrible roster next season would benefit more than trying to push a mediocre roster that isn't really a threat

ive partially told you why its unrealistic. mostly just the garrison trade because m too lazy to tell you why the other 2 wont work. you dont have to agree. but I bet you my bottom dollar NONE of what you posted will happen. so I guess that makes me right. im done btw. you can choose one of the 30 other members that agree that your proposal sucked to argue with.

Yeah you're too "lazy" because it takes so much effort to type something out...honestly CDC never fails to amuse me with people who are so arrogant and uneducated as you.

For reference you're argument was.....

1. how often do you trade with rivals?

2. how often so you trade with the team that recently beat you in a game 7 in the scf?

3. i already told you why the wings dont do that. I dont even think they have enough cap space to do this...

I pray the Vancouver Canucks never think it is OK to lose to secure a better draft position for ANY player.

I respect that it's never ok to lose, but would you rather see the team finish 20th for the next 5 years or see them finish last for one year and come back as contenders for the next 10? Mcdavid and Eichel are both players that can make your team instant contenders.

Yet the both of you still have no logical comeback as to how it's a bad proposal. I think I win.

Elder isn't waiving his NTC which is his right to do so he is likely staying for the foreseeable future. Kesler if he is moved will likely end up in Pittsburgh. Garrison won't go because you don't sign a NTC in your home town to waive it to go to Detroit in a deal the wings just laugh at you and hang up if you called them with it. There are you happy now?

Elder isn't waiving his NTC which is his right to do so he is likely staying for the foreseeable future. Kesler if he is moved will likely end up in Pittsburgh. Garrison won't go because you don't sign a NTC in your home town to waive it to go to Detroit in a deal the wings just laugh at you and hang up if you called them with it. There are you happy now?

Edler and Garrison probably aren't going to want to stay through a rebuild especially on the premises of this thread where we are talking about 'tanking' to get a high draft pick which is why I created the proposal of shipping them both out because of what we could get back. As for Kesler he's as good as gone at the end of the season and unless Pittsburgh is going to up their offer of Sutter, a 1st, and a 2nd, a deal with Pittsburgh will never get done.

Edler and Garrison probably aren't going to want to stay through a rebuild especially on the premises of this thread where we are talking about 'tanking' to get a high draft pick which is why I created the proposal of shipping them both out because of what we could get back. As for Kesler he's as good as gone at the end of the season and unless Pittsburgh is going to up their offer of Sutter, a 1st, and a 2nd, a deal with Pittsburgh will never get done.

that return was posturing by Pittsburgh, these deals don't happen over night and when the penguins flame out early again do to terrible defensive play they will try and get Kesler and up the deal. As for garrison and edler I didn't realise you know them personally and know they'll move at the hint of a rebuild which we don't even know is going to happen to begin with.

I respect that it's never ok to lose, but would you rather see the team finish 20th for the next 5 years or see them finish last for one year and come back as contenders for the next 10? Mcdavid and Eichel are both players that can make your team instant contenders.

If you tell a team to lose and they buy into, those players will never have what it takes to be champions.

You don't "tell a team to lose", you just give younger players a chance and avoid signing expensive free agents.

I only thinking "tanking" is a legitimate concept if there are exceptional players to be drafted, and if the core starts next season as horribly as it is ending this season.

You don't "tell a team to lose", you just give younger players a chance and avoid signing expensive free agents.

I only thinking "tanking" is a legitimate concept if there are exceptional players to be drafted, and if the core starts next season as horribly as it is ending this season.

Well with the players we have locked in right now I don't see how that's possible. What are we gonna play Corrado 30 minutes a night? That's not going to help our young players develop properly.

If anything playing our young guys up front will only help the team score at this point.

This team isn't getting a top 5 pick with the goaltending and D we have.

Archived