The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Beneficial to tank next season?

asian player

Trade Kesler at the draft. Go into next season with sedins burrows and who ever is left to fill the line up and give it all we got. If it means we lose then we lose.. I say stay with lack and markstrom next season and we are most likely to lose.

Usually I'm not a fan of losing but I mean I was a fan in 98/99 when the canucks were 2nd worst in the league. We did end up drafting a couple of guys thay draft that changed canucks history

So I wouldn't mind letting our young guys get out there and get some experience. So what we don't win 54 games next season, maybe we win 35 maybe less... Maybe a lot less. Maybe just maybe

Conner McDavid

:)

You can't tell the players not to play. All you can do from a management perspective is fill the squad with young/inexperienced talent and hope for the best (or worst, I suppose). All while the owners save money by not spending to the cap.

As has been said, trade Kesler for picks and prospects, keep the Twins, and roll with our current goalie tandem. That's the only way I see it working.

Should the twins produce as they did this year, we will have a chance at Connor McDavid. You want the generational talent. This group is redundant.

EDIT: It may even be a breath of fresh air and something different to watch some young guns grow into NHL players. Instead of expecting or being dissapointed with anything less than a cup run. It will be a lot less stressful anyway on a lot of you in 'panic mode'

Archived