The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The real reason Luongo didn't play in Heritage Classic

J529

That's a pretty weak reason if true.

Just goes to show the kind of ego maniacs we have running things.

Why is it weak?

You can't voluntarily go around spewing public garbage towards your boss.

Luongo was always bigger than the jersey in his mind....its the reason he got so much heat from the fans in this city to begin with....up until the humble pie he ate in 2011 he constantly threw teammates under the bus and acted like a diva.

I'm glad he's gone. Ill always appreciate what he accomplished but having players on the team that don't want to be here at 6.75 million makes me sick to my stomach.

Hearing Bieksa on after hours just amplifies what real leadership is about and how important it is to have a united group going forward.

Brooke Ward says he has it from very good source the reason why Luongo didn't play in Heritage Classic is because of the tweet he made about Kesler. It upset alot within organization. Lui sitting out was punishment.

"Whether he wants to go or stay, he's not going anywhere," Luongo said. "We all know how this script ends."

I agree that a stupid, detrimental comment like that, whether it's supposed to be 'humor' or not, should earn you some pine.

Moreover, I applaud Tortorella for his decision. That kind of me-first 'leadership' is what rots and divides a team's dressing room.

"The Heritage Classic may have been the catalyst in Roberto Luongo's move out of Vancouver, according to his agent Pat Brisson.

Luongo, long the subject of trade rumours, was benched in favour of Eddie Lack on Sunday against the Ottawa Senators, and Brisson said he was then given the green light to explore other options for his client."

Kudos to Tortorella for demanding that the team come first and for defending his GM.

If this is what it took to get this finally done, then it was a perfect storm.

How did the script end again?

Let's get this straight:

Was it a tweet or an interview comment?

I think both. ok so I found the tweet its similar to what he said in the interview. This website isn't where I Initially read about it, but it has the tweet and seems credible.

http://www.burnabyne...tml?mobile=true

Well then...

But as has become the standard, the quote of the day comes from the elephant in the room, and that would be the Twitter account of Roberto Luongo (@strombone1), which reportedly sent out this message:

Whether he wants to go or stay, he's not going anywhere. We all know how this script ends #canucks

I had to say reportedly above, because Luongo has deleted the Tweet.

Brooke Ward says he has it from very good source the reason why Luongo didn't play in Heritage Classic is because of the tweet he made about Kesler. It upset alot within organization. Lui sitting out was punishment.

Did he say who his source is or is he just talking to the walls again.

Archived