The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The real reason Luongo didn't play in Heritage Classic

J529

Do people here forget, humour is such an interpretive matter? We all know clowns who say something offensive, then turn around & claim they're "just kiddin' around" when complaints follow.

You're being paid millions in an org that basically represents BC'ers, yet we need to abide by teenage HS-rules, & let things slide? So we should all "lighten up"?

Some of his other tweets, like the one to Lundquist(after signing), I found out of line. The Rangers are risking 60 mill+(essentially their current squad's future), on one KEY guy's health, I bet they don't want other team's gt's chirpin away. Particularly some guy who's constantly picking up heavy objects from the baggage carousel.

After his finals PR-meltdown, he appears to be diggin' a deeper hole. Did he learn ANYTHING? Seems a bloke who REALLY needs the last laugh. This kinda' garbage(for a successful, high-profile star , in his 30's), could come back to bite..HARD.

Have to agree with the above poster that mentioned that tweets can be taken completely out of context...What could be sarcasm can be taken completely the wrong way...Luongo is not malicious..but still people read his humor out of context...ie ..Dallas game about 'mopping up'

Gillis ,Tootsie and Dinosaur Don have yet to enter the age of electronics.

Yeah,Luo was sticking it to the Canucks but he had a point.

Shame he did not know he was going to be traded but he had reached the point of no return.

If I made $6m per year and had my chain yanked for a few years I might find myself doing the same thing.

What were they going to do? Fire him? Ha ahahahhahhahhahhahhahha

"He said she said". Hate this stuff, it's so speculative and unproven. I also don't see a point to it...water under the bridge.

The Luongo controversy is over, not sure why it's worth dragging out and we aren't moving on. I, personally, would love if we could slowly shift into something/anything positive.

At the very least, he is no longer a Canuck.

Loved Lu, but it's Eddie's time to shine and grab the spotlight.

Honestly that makes more sense than the "Lack was playing better" excuse.

In what world? I'm not saying it doesn't/couldn't make sense but Lack had played amazing and this team was apparently still trying to win. So I ask again in what world does Lu's tweet made someone mad make more sense than Lack had been playing great and was giving this anemic team a chance to win in games they had no business being in?

"He said she said". Hate this stuff, it's so speculative and unproven. I also don't see a point to it...water under the bridge.

The Luongo controversy is over, not sure why it's worth dragging out. I, personally, would love if we could slowly shift into something/anything positive.

At the very least, he is no longer a Canuck.

Wouldn't that be nice.

IMHO, hockey players are treated the same as race horses.

I bet the deal to trade him to the Panthers was in the works and the Canucks didn't want to risk him getting injured - for that would mean any deal would be off.

Archived