The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Naslund will not be the GM för MoDo next season

supermanbieksa

Naslund is my favorite player of all time, but i dont want him to GM this team, not yet anyway.

this team needs to be blown up, and it puts Nazzy in a bad place having to trade and manage former teammates.

Good point.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/shl/modo/article18539384.ab

It's comfirmed that Naslund will not continiue as gm next season. The article mentions rumours that he might be a part of the Canucks organisation. But he just says he wont be speculating in any rumours.

The question is though, do you think he could be a good option if Gillis is fired, either as head gm or assistant gm(as maybe Laurence Gilman might be hanging loose as well)?

Not if he won't speculate on rumors. Don't people whine about Gillis not speculating of rumors?

In all seriousness I'd rather he came in as an assistant GM and get some experience doing things in the NHL first. Rather than have him come in fresh and be ripped apart by impatient fans after the first year and fired after three. Give him a few years of learning on the job as the AGM.

Someone posted in another thread a list of the top GM's in the league and what their previous roles were, and in each case without exception, they were all assistant GM's in the NHL.

I agree with the posters above who suggest that if Nazzy wants to explore a role with this team, make him a special assistant to the GM or advisor first.

I still believe their are two or three star candidates out there right now working as assistant GM's that would be better choices at this time.

No. Gm'ing in the NHL is an entirely different animal. Nazzy, nor Linden would be up for the task.

That being said, a Brian Burke type shake up might be a good thing. A GM that isn't afraid to pull the trigger on an eye opening. Looking at Burke's past accomplishments, though he got the Ducks the SC whilst with them, the 'Nucks and Leafs have prospered post Burke with their present GM's in the wake of Burke's doings.

Sorry. Went off topic some, but..........Yes. This coming off season should be a doozy!

GO Canucks Go!

I want Naslund to get a job within the organization first and then later on become the President or GM.

For now I would take Tampa Bay's assistant GM Julien Brisebois. Also, I would replace our scouting department since our drafting hasn't been that great in later rounds.

I agree. I also would like to see Brisebois as GM. Maybe Naslund as assistant or some other type of job in management for a few years to learn the business.

Since Gillis and Aquaman appear joined at the hip, I wonder if ownership wouldn't be more amenable to simply moving Gillis into the president's role solely, while bringing in a new GM.

This seems to be a model several organizations have gone to lately.

Archived