The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks fall just short

TheRussianRocket.

I think Eddie is playing a few too many games.

He's played every game since the Olympics, some of them are a really hard effort. He's more of a 1a/1b goalie right now, and as such needs the support of another one. Kind of like the Reimer/Bernier thing in Toronto.

Or at least a break from playing. If we Auld the guy we're boned.

Wow PGT are just dead. Usually they are up to 10 pages by now. It was a good game, Washington has some very good goal scorers. Jensen is making this team for sure next year. Actually get excited when him and henrik are out

Part of it is that the GDT turned into the PGT for a bit...this showed up late and we then switched over to here...

But yeah, definitely more leg room these days.

Six points behind Dallas and they have four games in hand.

Time to sit the veterans and play for the pick.

4 pts back but they are playing right now leading 3-1 in the 3rd against the Flames...So they win they will be 6 pts ahead, 3 games in hand

If they can pick an impact player in the top 7 or 8 this year nobody will remember missing the playoffs this year. Short term pain for long term gain. I would rather have had two picks in the top 10 last year (this includes the NJ pick they got for Schneider) than limping into the playoffs only to be butchered and humiliated in 4.

Now the question is - will Gillis still be the GM?

I think the Aquilinis keep one of Gillis or Torts just because of their contract dollars. They will have to cough up 16 million (I think) if both get canned....thats a lot of money.

I think the games need to be split by the goalies to develop both of them unless management is planning to trade Markstrom. Kassian is becoming more and more of a liability with those dumb penalties and Sestitto is no different.

At least Burrows looks like he's getting some fire back.

I think Eddie is playing a few too many games.

He's played every game since the Olympics, some of them are a really hard effort. He's more of a 1a/1b goalie right now, and as such needs the support of another one. Kind of like the Reimer/Bernier thing in Toronto.

Or at least a break from playing. If we Auld the guy we're boned.

I agree with this. We need to start sharing the load with Markstrom. Both kids need to get exposure. We cant dump it all on Eddie.

Archived