The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks fall just short

TheRussianRocket.

Good points.

There is more to be positive about - Fox 1 goal one assit, Gaunce 2 goals 1 assist, Horvat 1 goal tonight in the OHL.

This Fox kid, even as an over ager, is lighting it up - has a big lead in OHL scoring.

Point is that there is going to be a huge transition from the old guard to kids in the next 3 years. If Kesler can be delt for at least one young impact player it will even be better.

exactly,,we need 1 or 2 new impact players for Kesler and free agency..plus buy out Booth..it opens up a lot of doors and this retool/rebuild might not take that long.

Wow game finished 20 mins ago and only a couple posts in the PGT.. Guess people really have stopped caring about this tean

No, just sick of seeing posts about how the team sucks and how we need to tank smothering the GDT's.

I do find it curious that some here complain about losing and want to lose for picks at the same time....

exactly,,we need 1 or 2 new impact players for Kesler and free agency..plus buy out Booth..it opens up a lot of doors and this retool/rebuild might not take that long.

At this point there is no real reason to buy out Booth anymore. Save that buyout for an emergency.

He only has a year left and if we are planning to field a youth lineup then may as well let his contract just run out as a youth retool wont hit big till at least another season.

At this point there is no real reason to buy out Booth anymore. Save that buyout for an emergency.

He only has a year left and if we are planning to field a youth lineup then may as well let his contract just run out as a youth retool wont hit big till at least another season.

The remaining compliance buyout the Canucks have has to be used by June 30th at 11:59pm...if they don't use it on Booth then who should they use it on because they can't save it for an emergency as you suggest...?

True, but if Booth is bought out and the extra cap gained with Luo gone, that gives MG & co significant cap room to work with.

Perhaps they could pay a top end UFA like Stastny to C the second line or Vanek/Moulson/Vrbata/Cammalleri to be that dynamic scoring winger Hank desperately needs to a 1 year contract? Of course they would have to pay a little more, but they may have the cap to do it once other players like Kassian or Santorelli are re-signed.

The positive I got out of this game is that Henrik definitely isn't done like some people think.

He just needed a young guy with some hustle like Jensen to get him going again. I think Burrows and Daniel were really dragging him down. HE was looking real good out there tonight making pin point passes like his old self.

I'm definitely excited about next season when we'll have everyone healthy, our young players with even more experience, and some cap space and a good draft pick to fill in remaining holes.

I have to say our PP sucks really bad. That used to hurt teams so bad a few years back, now when we get a PP I just take 2 mins off the clock.

Young guys did well though.

Not surprised in the least that Lack is having difficulty. He has been thrust into the starting goalie role with very little in the way of preparation.

He is crumbling under pressure and shouldn't be expected to become a number one with so little experience in net.

Only Gillis would be stupid enough to trade away both his number one goalies and leave the team with two green netminders. And thrust those two poor bastards into positions they rightfully need more time to adjust to.

Lack might be okay if his confidence isn't completely shot by being shellacked and berated by Canucks fans

'Not surprised in the least that Lack is having difficulty. He has been thrust into the starting goalie role with very little in the way of preparation.

He is crumbling under pressure and shouldn't be expected to become a number one with so little experience in net.

Only Gillis would be stupid enough to trade away both his number one goalies and leave the team with two green netminders. And thrust those two poor bastards into positions they rightfully need more time to adjust to.

Lack might be okay if his confidence isn't completely shot by being shellacked and berated by Canucks fans'

I'm not surprised either. See how different it is being a starter than a backup? It wasn't long that people were marvelling at Lack's lofty save %, his confidence, and his consistency. Now he's at .914 (same as Schneider, coincidentally) and not looking as confident and consistent. Amazing what losing does to the psyche. I like Lack, but I didn't like the team and a lot of fans declaring him the starter prematurely.

Luo had to go,was on his way out for two years and was finally dealt.

It was best for Luo and the team the way he was reacting.

Eddie is a good goaltender but one can understand loyal fans are hurt with Luo's leaving and the team tanking.

Not many more games to endure now so it is all about the hope for a new year,not unlike many generations of Canucks fans dreams that came before this year's implosion.

The positive I got out of this game is that Henrik definitely isn't done like some people think.

He just needed a young guy with some hustle like Jensen to get him going again. I think Burrows and Daniel were really dragging him down. HE was looking real good out there tonight making pin point passes like his old self.

I'm definitely excited about next season when we'll have everyone healthy, our young players with even more experience, and some cap space and a good draft pick to fill in remaining holes.

Same here I think we can contend again next season with a coupons of savvy moves

Archived