The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

F1 2014 Season Underway !

Mr.DirtyDangles

the original turbo era had the stock engine block from a BMW 2002, which made roughly 160hp, and they wrenched it and turbo'd it to make 1000hp.

Ah yes the RS10. I was just a wee lad only 6 but it made an impression on me. This was the era of solid brass balls in F1 lol. 1000bhp with no traction control or stabilizers or ABS of any kind ! Pretty much a test pilot if you ask me

renault-elf.jpg

BOOOOOST and RPMs.

I messed with turbos for a few years. Had a few north American Sierra's. Was running 25 PSI on 2.3L and was making about 350 to the wheels over the stock 175 ! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee !

Looked like this minus the insane Cosworth wing. Never managed to find one in North America for less than 8 million dollars.

1989-merkur-xr4ti-march-2010-rear-3-4-sh

I remember reading a month ago a story saying that Jenson Button would have a big season, as he is probably the most economical when it comes to fuel consumption. With fuel consumption being of particular importance under the new rules - Ricciardo's DQ a case in point - you can't blast your car round the track anymore. You have to be smooth as Ron Burgundy round the corners, ease into the straights and glide down them.

A fantastic first race in the new F1 era. I'm not sure what I enjoyed most, seeing Rosberg win, seeing the new drivers excel, or seeing Vettel suffer abjectly. I suspect the latter.

Archived