The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] March 16 Canucks Vs Luongo 12 pm

Ryan kesler the beast

I hadn't cared for Luongo in quite a long time, but when he wore a Canuck jersey I always rooted for him. I cant believe it but I'm actually rooting for him now that he wears the panther.

Do us one last favor Luongo. Help us come closer to that higher draft pick.

Alex Burrows - Henrik Sedin - Nicklas Jensen

Chris Higgins - Jordan Schroeder - Jannik Hansen

David Booth - Shawn Matthias - Zack Kassian

Tom Sestito - Zac Dalpe - Darren Archibald

how on earth can anyone blame Torts for us being just below playoffs in the standings? Injuries kill.

how on earth can anyone blame Torts for us being just below playoffs in the standings? Injuries kill.

Detroit and Pittsburgh seem to be doing just fine

Torts was given the same team as AV but a year older and in a tougher division.

1x2nd line

1x3rd line

1x4th line

1x AHL line

= missed playoffs = Torts Fault ?

How about Gillis starts taking some blame for this garbage ?

The GM has sat on his hands for 3 years while his once "elite" team bled out on the table.

Detroit and Pittsburgh seem to be doing just fine

Yes, the two greatest current franchises in the league can survive some injuries, but how does that relate to your inflated expectations of our team? "they are not top two in terms of total package, so fire the GM/coach/players?

Torts was given the same team as AV but a year older and in a tougher division.

1x2nd line

1x3rd line

1x4th line

1x AHL line

= missed playoffs = Torts Fault ?

How about Gillis starts taking some blame for this garbage ?

The GM has sat on his hands for 3 years while his once "elite" team bled out on the table.

Or you can look at the 1/4 season where each of the top line players, Hand, Dank and Burr, were scoreless. How does the GM get the blame for not having a crystal ball that will tell him his best three players will stop scoring goals for a quarter of a season long..and then on top of that be injured for another 1/3rd of the season?

The fact that we have an outside chance at a wildcard berth this year in the perfect storm of a tougher division, key injuries and yes in the aftermath of cleaning up the goaltending mess that AV created in the playoffs a few years ago, has me thinking MG is actually pretty smart, and unfortunately has to play it close to his chest so as to complete his standing makeover.

Frankly, even if we don't get into the playoffs this year, it is an anomaly, an aberation, a one time miss that will set us up for future winning seasons. It is a great sign to me that we are so spoiled that one season out of 7 where we don't make the playoffs is deemed to be utter and complete failure by the fans.

Go MG Go!

Things I like about tonights lineup:

Matthias-kassian together, Lack, the defence, Higgins/Schroeder/Hansen line, things to watch and evaluate in real time. Should be a fun good game.

For real? It's during the Higgins/Schroeder/Hansen shifts where I'll be flipping around the other channels searching for some angling tips. And I don't even fish.

Archived