The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder: A Hurting Unit

youngdad

We still have one compliance buyout. Edler's a far bigger liability than Booth anyway.

Wow, you're right…

who woulda thunk?

lol, another underlying numbers vs people that have played and actually watch the games debate

Edler is a fricking nightmare plain and simple

What does that mean? Some stick up for his play? …who?

The possibility of a buyout gives some nice leverage to our new GM.

Edler: "I won't waive my NTC"

New GM: "Fine. You've played so poorly that we're willing to buy you out. Unfortunately for you, this means you have to pass through waivers first. How does Calgary sound?"

Edler: "Horrible"

New GM: "Well, supply your list you lazy pylon."

Yeah, how do his "underlying numbers" excuse his terrible turnover for the second goal, or his boneheaded play that led to the third goal? This plug simply isn't intelligent enough to play D in the NHL.

people claim to this wild theory that he is a giveaway machine yet the numbers tell a different story

for all the crap Edler takes game after game nobody on this defense has had a good season yet people gravitate towards hating Edler for his plus/minus and wild claims he is a giveaway machine

nobody looks at the rotating partner and the fact he needs a calming presence just like Bieksa needs one too both are high risk defenseman but the team only has Hamhuis that can truly cover up the mistakes so usually Edler gets stuck with Garrison which they should never be paired together

The possibility of a buyout gives some nice leverage to our new GM.

Edler: "I won't waive my NTC"

New GM: "Fine. You've played so poorly that we're willing to buy you out. Unfortunately for you, this means you have to pass through waivers first. How does Calgary sound?"

Edler: "Horrible"

New GM: "Well, supply your list you lazy pylon."

learn how the NHL works before you comment

no GM is going to buyout Edler for the sake of trading him getting stuck with a cap hit with no player so unless Gillis or new GM trades Booth then uses the compliance buyout on Edler this scenario will never happen

also not sure how many times you need to rant and rave about Edler we get it you hate him but guess what no defenseman on this team is having a good season they have all been inconsistent so you use the plus/minus as reason to use Edler as a scapegoat

He really started to trend downwards when he lost Ehrhoff and then Salo.

He needs to find a steady veteran presence that he can find chemistry with (not Hamhuis).

Garrison has been pretty disappointing too.

Garrison is doing what he is paid to do put up offensive numbers and even in a bad season for the defense core in general he has 7 goals i'm sure he is capable of putting up 10-15 a year but just like Edler he needs the right partner

learn how the NHL works before you comment

no GM is going to buyout Edler for the sake of trading him getting stuck with a cap hit with no player so unless Gillis or new GM trades Booth then uses the compliance buyout on Edler this scenario will never happen

also not sure how many times you need to rant and rave about Edler we get it you hate him but guess what no defenseman on this team is having a good season they have all been inconsistent so you use the plus/minus as reason to use Edler as a scapegoat

I'd rather have Booth for one more season than be stuck with a giant liability for the duration of his contract. If he won't waive his NTC, I'd be more than happy to buy him out just to get him off the team. He's been that terrible since the LA series.

I'd rather have Booth for one more season than be stuck with a giant liability for the duration of his contract. If he won't waive his NTC, I'd be more than happy to buy him out just to get him off the team. He's been that terrible since the LA series.

this comment right here shows how much you know about hockey

Booth has been awful since he got here struggling to find any sort of consistency Edler's play has gone downhill since his injury which people forget about and the fact he has had rotating partners

Edler also missed 16 games this season due to injury and 3 games due to suspension with a new coach this season is a write off for several players including him but good ole CDC always picks one to be the scapegoat

Edler has faced some of the toughest competition each night. If Edler looks bad, it's only because every time he makes a mistake, the other team has their best people on the ice to capitalize. He's got the best Corsi On of all defenders. Learn2advancedstats

It almost seems like it's a problem staying focused/engaged. Like he zones in and out. He can be a great player...love when he nails guys at the blueline but when there are lulls, it's like he goes to sleep.

He's such a valuable asset it's a shame to see the blunders. Totally checks out at times....

this comment right here shows how much you know about hockey

Booth has been awful since he got here struggling to find any sort of consistency Edler's play has gone downhill since his injury which people forget about and the fact he has had rotating partners

Edler also missed 16 games this season due to injury and 3 games due to suspension with a new coach this season is a write off for several players including him but good ole CDC always picks one to be the scapegoat

So you're using injuries as an excuse for Edler, while completely ignoring the fact that Booth has had even more injuries and a rotating set of linemates?

Unless Edler got a free lobotomy with his surgery, his injury isn't the problem here anyway.

Offensively, defensively, everywhere. Clearly Edler has struggled all year. Second last in +\-

Tonight was another low light. I ask you, why has he gotten worse each year? What can be done? What should be done? What do you think is best for his game and career? What is best for the Canucks? Push for a trade? What is his trade value rt now?

Hard to watch the unlimited potential just de-evolve in this guy.

If you ask me, I'd say he wasn't the same after his suspension.

Archived