The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Separatist battle in Canada rekindled with Quebec election

key2thecup

They must been the traditional area that is Lower Canada not all of Quebec. Really all that area in the north is Rupert's land that belongs to Canada and was never actually part of the French speaking area. And besides, the mostly native residents aren't going to want to leave Canada. Quebec shouldn't miss that area (well, maybe the Hydro dams) but not being pure laine up there it's not really Quebec anyways!

And apart from our Saint Laurence treaty with the USA, we shouldn't have any reason to travel through Quebec after that.

So, until they pay us all the money from the national debt that we figure is their share (I would go with the total value of all the transfer payments ever) I would suggest that we make it illegal to send money to Quebec and that the border should be closed until they come up with the cash.

In the northern area we will just build a new highway and railroad to go around Quebec and watch how fast Atlantic Canada becomes an economic force when we push the main ports for Canada out there.

The USA doesn't want an independent Quebec so they will have no issues supporting this.

And they can all freeze in the (very very French) dark until they get their act together.

And then we still don't take them back.

That should be our counter proposal to the "we can be on the bank of Canada board" suggestion......

I remember when my family first came to Canada from Slovakia, we landed in Quebec...I could speak a little French (not much), and I asked for directions in English and I got some dirty looks and a couple of people gave me the cold shoulder...I thought, how very Un Canadian! Let's just say I'm in no hurry to go back

Oh yeah, this was Quebec City. I'm sure Montreal is different, but I've never been.

I remember when my family first came to Canada from Slovakia, we landed in Quebec...I could speak a little French (not much), and I asked for directions in English and I got some dirty looks and a couple of people gave me the cold shoulder...I thought, how very Un Canadian! Let's just say I'm in no hurry to go back

Oh yeah, this was Quebec City. I'm sure Montreal is different, but I've never been.

Montreal is different, at least it was when I was there in '78.

Most people would speak to us in French first, but switch to English after. We never really had any problems, except for one cab driver (a Haitian) who spoke no English at all.

That is such a strerotype of the place. I can tell you one thing right now "Its not always true".

Archived