The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Eddie be in the conversation for the Calder?

Bilbro Baggins

This years rookie field is really strong, there are at least 10 really solid rookies in this years crops, in terms of all out contribution to the team and skill I think McKinnon is a lock, but there are alot of other good rookies out there this year. I think next year will see alot of good rookies too, I think the 2014 draft class is stronger then alot of people believe, as well some of the picks from this year who arent playing yet will likely debut next year. Dont think Lack will get a nomination though, but hes having a good rookie season.

If Eddie drags us into the playoffs, then yeah, I don't think he'll win it but I think people will at least be mention his and Mackinnon's name in the same breath.

If that happens then i think he would def be in consideration since unless the Canucks goal scoring drastically improves he would have to post some serious good numbers (ie elite status type numbers) as of right now i think he would be an outside consideration but not even close to having a serious chance.

I agree its MacKinnon's to lose but nobody has even mentioned Olli Maata. I guarantee he's in the final 3 for the award and Lack is (don't think of this as trolling) no higher than 10 to 15th. I know he's our goalie, but he's a back up and since Luo got traded he's been mediocre at best.

Should be considered but unlikely he'd win. The team's poor performances have been making Lack look less than great and as much as I hate to say it he seems to have a habit of letting in 1 or 2 soft goals before he gets in the rhythm.

he's been good but I think players like Mackinnon, Palat, Monahan(i know he has an awful +/- ), Lindholm and Krug are ahead of Lack. perhaps even more players at the moment. But in ten games alot could happen, if he playes lights out the rest of the season and we make the playoffs he should be considered a nomination though.

Archived