The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anybody else cheering for Philly in the playoffs?

zejono

Toronto and Montreal.

I don't get why no one cheers for the Canadian teams.

I'm not going to cheer for teams I don't like simply because they play within the same borders as I live.

Let's not forget how happy they were to see the Canucks lose in 2011.

Love them or hate them, Boston is still the only team that actually have a chance at holding their own against a western conference team. Other eastern teams just don't have the patience or discipline to get the job done but we'll see maybe a team catches fire at the right time.

The main thing that I care about is that I enjoy watching the playoffs this year. I think Chicago vs Pittsburgh could be fun. Since this thread is about Philly how about Philly vs Colorado? I just want to see skill on display in the playoffs and not just crash and bang 1-0 games with a little goonery for flavor.

Philly always are exciting and play an uptempo offence first game much like Washington.

This has been to their detriment the past couple of years since they went on that crazy run in 2010 when they rode Michael Leighton who got hot and provided decent goal-tending for a change.

The issues are still the same defence and goaltending.

I bleed blue and green will never EVER cheer for another hockey team.

However...I would love to see one or all of the following happen in the upcoming playoffs

1. Toronto chokes hard again (if they make it)

2. Boston getting obliterated

3. First round exit for the Ducks

4. MA Fleury gets lit up repeatedly destroying his confidence.

5. Another no show for Jumbo Joe

6. Minnesota getting dummied

At this point though hating the Flyers management because of Clarke would be as relevant as hating Canucks management because of Nonis. We are nearing nearly a decade since Clarke was GM of the Flyers.

Not even close. Nonis no longer works for the Canucks, while Clarke is still part of the Flyers upper management and is involved in the day to day operation of the team.

Besides which, I don't recall Nonis ever publicly blaming an individual Canuck player for a playoff loss....

I'm not going to cheer for teams I don't like simply because they play within the same borders as I live.

Let's not forget how happy they were to see the Canucks lose in 2011.

it just a myth lol it was really true why was there no rank for which teams were hated and canucks were the only team on the list? Why did that information only come out during the finals? Why did it come out from irreputable source that always seems to be anti-canucks?

It's clear why all of this was happening it was just some Boston fan trying to spread false information.

I'm cheering for the CANUCKS.

They're still alive.

Who knows what can happen. Every win is a major playoff type game and as the season comes to an end, the referees will put their whistles away.

If the Canucks make the playoffs, watch out. They're already playing playoff hockey.

The Flyers are one of the few teams that dont bother me, I wouldn't mind if they went all the way especially after losing their last 6 Final appearances.

I wouldn't mind either if the Pens won, Tampa, or St.Louis. All the other teams can suck it.

it just a myth lol it was really true why was there no rank for which teams were hated and canucks were the only team on the list? Why did that information only come out during the finals? Why did it come out from irreputable source that always seems to be anti-canucks?

It's clear why all of this was happening it was just some Boston fan trying to spread false information.

That first paragraph is almost unreadable, but it appears as if you're suggesting that the 2011 anti-Canuck sentiment is a product or our imagination...

I'm not sure where your information comes from, but my experience was that virtually everyone was cheering against the Canucks. Even former Canuck GM Brian Burke said he couldn't cheer for them...

The thing that really made me take notice was the slew of Montreal fans that I know were all cheering for Boston. If you know anything about NHL rivalries, Montreal-Boston is just about as big as it gets.

No I hate the Flyers. One of my least favorite teams in the league. IMO 95% of the players on the Flyers are dirty pieces of s***. I cannot stand Giroux either. There's something about him I just can't stand. He seems like a dick in real life so that's probably it. I think I might hate the Flyers more then Boston at this point actually.

But then again I'm bias as the Penguins are my second favorite team. Sooo I guess I'm supposed to feel this way about the Flyers.

Neither team is doing anything in the Playoffs so who really cares. The Penguins look like they get hammered before every game and the Flyers don't have the goaltending or the defense to win. Boston is going to curb stomp everyone in the East.

Archived