The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anybody else cheering for Philly in the playoffs?

zejono

Quebec/Colorado has always been my second team so I'll be cheering for them.

Everyone is obsessed with St. Louis, Anaheim or Chicago, no one is talking about Colorado, who are going to be a tough out this year.

Yeah, I see a potential upset of Colorado over Chicago this year (assuming they finish 2 and 3 in their division). Colorado with so much speed kind of like Chicago in 09 when they beat us somewhat unexpectedly. Colorado could do the same to Chicago this year.

I get why people hate how Philly plays the game but I never understood the constant hate of the management. Philly is one of the most consistently competitive teams in the NHL and has played in 3 ECF in the last 10 years (9 NHL seasons). They are aggressive and don't accept losing seasons and will spend money and burn money and bury a mistake as soon as possible without letting pride in the way. They are currently one of the more dangerously looking teams in the NHL while sporting a ridiculously young core.

How can management be be retarded yet consistently produce a strong well above average product?

Lol, when you're over aggressive in sumo wrestling ya get chucked out of the ring.

Philly management's attitude is a bit phat. Bobrovsky's not good enough, get Bryzgalov for $50 mill. That one move cost them so much. Would have had plenty of space to fill any needs.

Look, the initiative and willingness to make deals / spend money is respectable. They have a great young crew of forwards. What and how they acquired those guys should be a footprint for many teams. A little patience, just filling in some blanks versus going all in on every deal would probably serve them a bit better at this stage.

As much as Schenn from Toronto did not work out, next move should be another good young D man. Try, try again (see Yzerman with goaltenders) versus panic and sign another over priced veteran D that does nothing your existing overpaid D don't do already...

All this said; I like Philly. B Schenn, Simmonds, Giroux, Couts, Voracek... Very explosive and exciting to watch! If they get a good young D man, look out!

The Flyers play hockey the right way.

That is to say, the ENTERTAINING way,

Always lots of offense, hits, grudge matches ect. ect.

No borring, unwatchable Nashville or New Jersey style B.S

They will always have my support because they set a great example for the rest of the league as to the level of entertainment an NHL team should provide customers with. It's no mystery why the Flyer's barn is always full and the Devils is always empty.

For this reason alone I would love to see them win a cup.

Normally unless the Canucks are in it,I could care less.However,I could not stomach any of the 3 California teams or Chicago to win it this year.

I'm hoping that maybe St.Louis could go all the way this year,anybody but LA...

Since the Canucks are out, I'm going to cheer for Montreal. Just want the cup home in Canada.

The Habs are pretty much the last team I'd like to see win, not so much because of the team itself, but because of their obnoxious fans.

Personally, I'm pulling for the Blues. They've been waiting for a Cup even longer than we have.

Since the Canucks are out, I'm going to cheer for Montreal. Just want the cup home in Canada.

I never understand fans that say they just want the cup home in Canada, what the heck does it matter? It doesn't live with American teams that win it. There is a reason there are 7 different Canadian teams and not just 1 team Canada.

A Canadian team winning it doesn't mean anything to me if it's not the Canucks. Only Canadians would think like this

The Habs are pretty much the last team I'd like to see win, not so much because of the team itself, but because of their obnoxious fans.

Personally, I'm pulling for the Blues. They've been waiting for a Cup even longer than we have.

Just curious as to where you are basing this off from that Habs fans are obnoxious? Is it through the internet? If so, you must go to a game in Montreal not so much for the team but for the experience. Never had so much fun in my life at a hockey game other then in Montreal and the fans were great in my opinion, this guy kept buying beer and food for our whole section.

Just curious as to where you are basing this off from that Habs fans are obnoxious? Is it through the internet? If so, you must go to a game in Montreal not so much for the team but for the experience. Never had so much fun in my life at a hockey game other then in Montreal and the fans were great in my opinion, this guy kept buying beer and food for our whole section.

It comes from decades of Montreal fans here in BC shoving it in our faces when the Habs had that sweetheart 3 farm teams equal to any other NHL team, first dibs on French Canadian players deal that won all those Cups.

I am personally fine if Montreal never wins another Cup.

They have too many already and their snotty fans can just lay in a ditch schnuffling that snot back up.

When the Russians came over to play a few NHL teams a few decades ago, I cheered for the Russians, Montreal was the most-hated team in the world.

There was no such thing as an internet then. There was hardly any games on TV; most of it was radio.

And the announcers for Montreal games were the worst, conceited, biased, full-of-themselves, gloating @%&%#$^&%$s you ever had to listen to (there were no other stations/channels).

Not to mention all the contortions that province put the country through with bilingualism and sign laws and down-with-Anglophones.

That should have all been resolved on the Plains of Abraham, with the surrender of Montreal, or at least the signing of the Treaty of Paris.

I'm basing this on all of the Montreal fans that I know. (and I know a lot of them) They never get tired of telling me how many Cups the Habs have, although they never seem to mention how many of them came in a six team league.

They also never seem to tire of telling me how many the Canucks don't have. in fact, they felt it necessary to gloat about the Canucks' loss in '94 and in 2011, even though their beloved Canadiens got nowhere near the Cup.

As I said earlier, the thing that really sealed it for me was the fact that they preferred seeing their long time rivals Boston, winning the Cup at Vancouver's expense.

As to watching a game in Montreal, check out my sig...

Archived