The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ICBC auto insurance renewal

tmaclu

Hi guys, my insurance expires July 2x however I want to take my car down to the states from June to August. ICBC website says "You can renew up to six weeks before your Autoplan policy expires"... so that doesn't work for me unfortunately... I definitely don't want to import the car into US and then back into Canada when I return, so what are my options? thanks!

I know this is a bit of a radical opinion, but perhaps you could go into an Autoplan dealer, and ask someone who's paid to know about car insurance?

That would require common sense. Perhaps you find an insurance broker here on CDC that can give an honest answer, but why not just stop into an insurance place when you're at the grocery store or the mall? There are plenty around that the OP would have to pass by one well before he makes his trip.

You can only renew if they have actually printed the decals you attach to your plates. But you can call Autoplan Sales if you're in the US. You can call customer service between 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday and they'll get you to an agent.

Customer Contact:

• Lower Mainland: 604-661-2800
  • Elsewhere in B.C., Canada, and the U.S.: 1-800-663-3051

I wouldn't bother calling until May, because I doubt they'll have the decals now. Or visit a broker in May before you go.

Archived